Anyone Play Guild Wars???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Play Guild Wars???

Just a question, I was thinking about buying GuildWars and had some questions for people who played, was wondering if anyone here plays it?

Re: Anyone Play Guild Wars???

**** GUILD WARS!!!! it nearly tore apart my best friend and his girl friend. :(

edit:
    i'm sorry for the irrelevant post but i didn't have a good experience with it and too bad it's not like world of warcraft :(

Comment

Why too bad? I was looking forward to a MMO that does not charge a pay-to-play and is actually different in gameplay (rather than just different graphics and skillsets etc) than all other MMO's. I played in the beta for it a long time ago but since forgot about it until just recently when I heard it had been released already.

Is there something about it that isn't very good that I missed?

Comment

Originally posted by ImJustMito
        blah blah blah blha DOES NOT CHARGE A PAY-TO-PLAY

XPLAIN GOGOGO

Comment

By the way,

I do now have this game, and am loving it.

Mito

Comment

Not a lot one can say to explain does NOT charge a pay-to-play. You go to EB, you buy the game, you play on their servers at no additional charge.

I haven't played the game myself, but my brother has it. Everytime I say something bad about WoW, he is quick to point out that I wouldn't have to deal with it in Guild Wars. At the rate I'm going, I may just pick it up.

Comment

It's a pretty good game. Though I'm honestly wondering when the PvP actually starts.. I've got no clue, and it's the main reason I bought the game..

Comment

Originally posted by fireb0rn
                It's a pretty good game. Though I'm honestly wondering when the PvP actually starts.. I've got no clue, and it's the main reason I bought the game..
                When you start the game (in Roleplay mode), you are basically in a training world. It's where the game teaches you how to play the game, lets you experiment with all the second classes, get some experience under your belt, that kind of thing. This has zero PvP, however you CAN play multiplayer co-op).

After you finish your primary quests, then you go into what is called "Post-Seering Ascalon" and that is when you can start the PvP.

You can also just create a character in PvP, but you will only have access to the skills that you have unlocked in your RolePlaying characters (Note, once you unlock a skill on any RP character on your account, you can use that skill with any PvP char on the account. Also note, that RP chars are still great at PvP).

Comment

Thanks for the explanation. Right now, I'm a post-searing level 8 R/M.

I've still got no clue as to who I PvP, how I PvP, when I PvP, and where I PvP.. I'm clueless.

Comment

Originally posted by fireb0rn
                    Thanks for the explanation. Right now, I'm a post-searing level 8 R/M.

I've still got no clue as to who I PvP, how I PvP, when I PvP, and where I PvP.. I'm clueless.
                    Well, you have to slowly find the PvP towns, just like you find the co-op mission towns (different than co-op RP) like "Fort Ranik", and "The Northern Wall". I have not yet found a PvP town while in my RP char, but you can create a PvP char that is created at lvl 20, you get to upgrade and choose your wepons etc and go from there. The thing is though, you only have available the skills that you have unlocked on your account. Which means, that you have to play your RP characters to unlock different skills for different professions, so you can use them in PvP.

Also, in the main town of post-searing you can go to the arena and fight in PvP with your RP chars.

Comment

Guild Wars is not a MMO in the current since of the word, it is a new hybrid. You meet in certain areas with many people, form a team, and then your team enters their own little area. It is much like Diablo II, but the chat room is now a town you walk around in 3d.

Its a decent game, but for people that enjoy the MMORPG genre, it is far too superficial.
                      If it isn't PCS, whats the point?
                      with any questions or concerns.
                      |

Aggressive Defense (an oxymoron): A naturally occurring situational event where a defender is caught in a role reversal anomaly. Usually associated with lack of practice, discipline or map awareness in a team based conflict.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X