Killing Floor Free Weekend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Killing Floor Free Weekend

Killing Floor (by Tripwire Interactive) has a free weekend coming up, starting tomorrow (Thursday). You can pre-load it and be ready to play when it unlocks.

http://store.steampowered.com/news/2969/

I think there were some fans of KF at TG, so here's a chance for the rest of us to see what it's like.
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Re: Killing Floor Free Weekend

Yep and it includes the "Level Up" Free Content Pack with the Defense Alliance 2 mod, which looks awesome. I would post the full links but must have 2 more posts :)

IGN:
    "... Finally, the new update includes Defense Alliance 2, a brand new conversion mod. The original Defense Alliance was a team-based science fiction mod for Unreal Tournament and it's been resurrected in Killing Floor. The new version gives players the chance to choose from one of six different classes -- machine gunner, medic, mechanic, rocketeer, rifelman, and sniper -- and take part in team-based attack-and-defend scenarios. The usual sci-fi tropes are all in place here including turrets, EMP grenades, and rocket launchers. And if you need an alternative to the head-to-head action, there's even a survival mode that challenges a small group of players to hold out against waves of incoming enemies."
    A Battlefield infantrist since beginning of time, now gone MIA. Ahhh..bf1942 the adrenaline rush not encountered again in any game...since. I miss thoose great times.

Comment

Finally the teaser link:

Defense Alliance 2 mod video: http://www.moddb.com/mods/defence-alliance-22/videos

IGN Preview: http://pc.ign.com/articles/103/1036795p1.html
      Last edited by Groundshaker; 10-22-2009, 02:51 PM. Reason: edit link
      A Battlefield infantrist since beginning of time, now gone MIA. Ahhh..bf1942 the adrenaline rush not encountered again in any game...since. I miss thoose great times.

Comment

My steam is updating killing floor now
        i will be playing a lot of this this weekend

Comment

So you get the game for free? Or you can only play it for free this weekend?

Comment

You get to play for free THIS weekend. Free game huh that would be a sensation :)

Comment

It's also 25% off this weekend, so if you like it you can get it for less.
              |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
              Irregular since 2007.

Comment

The awaited Defense Alliance 2 mod has been delayed because of some bug.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...=994284&page=2

Comment

I was wondering why Steam asked if I wanted to download it. I'm not going to get much time this weekend, going to grandma's and all.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Played it on single player with just a handgun and knife, suffice to say that it does not feel good to be the main course in a gorefest! :madsmile:

I did get to purchase a machete, shotgun and axe, but alas I succumbed to the feast of gore, nor is it very nice to be on the receiving end of a poisonous puke! :row__679:

Multiplayer should be a blast, hmmm I wonder if I could find 5 more crazy fools to join me this saturday! :icon_wink

Comment

This game rocks guys, go ahead and download it while you can!

Squad up with some TG folk and blast some zombies!
                      |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by MrMojay View Post
                        Played it on single player with just a handgun and knife, suffice to say that it does not feel good to be the main course in a gorefest! :madsmile:

I did get to purchase a machete, shotgun and axe, but alas I succumbed to the feast of gore, nor is it very nice to be on the receiving end of a poisonous puke! :row__679:

Multiplayer should be a blast, hmmm I wonder if I could find 5 more crazy fools to join me this saturday! :icon_wink
                        I only played for two hours and got level two of the Sharpshooter perk. Solo mode is just too tough for me.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

Solo mode is just too tough for me.
                          Why yes it is!

Comment

Had hours of fun playing with the E-1st and others, thanks to groundshaker for being such a gracious host.
                            Ever try killing zombies while skateboarding? It's quite hard, but hilarious fun.

Comment

That final boss is so freaking cheap! He insta-killed me when I couldn't see him! That and the minigun rips you into ribbons so fast.

Originally posted by MrMojay View Post
                              Had hours of fun playing with the E-1st and others, thanks to groundshaker for being such a gracious host.
                              Ever try killing zombies while skateboarding? It's quite hard, but hilarious fun.
                              Really? How do you do that?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X