Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whether you play BF:1942 or not...

You've got to check out the video for the upcoming expansion:

http://www.eagames.com/official/battlefield/vietnam/us/videos.jsp?videoID=bfv_trailer_us_hi.mov&viewerID= videos
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

its not an expansion, its the sequal

Comment

Absolutely Awsome... I will be getting this as soon as it is available.

Comment

Well crap. There's that video card upgrade I've been putting off.

Wyzcrak
        Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

That looks pretty cool =)

Comment

is it DX or opengl

check out trailer #2 its even better.

From the looks of it, they are making this version much more ground based with helos. Looks nice

Comment

looks cool.

Comment

Im going to pre-order this one...

Comment

Wow, They're both pretty cool, I think I may buy this game...

*Think*

Prolly get owned by the current junkies for a bit =P (I wish more of you tried NS)

Comment

Well, I hope they optimize the code a bit this time. The last one barely runs on my p4 2.0...

Anyway, 'scheduled' for March/April, we can probably expect to see it around October.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I wonder if I could enjoy this with my 1.4g/256/geforce2 box. As nice as this looks, I don't think it would justify an entire system upgrade for me. The waving grass and all is great, but I never feel like I'm missing much if I turn the detail on everything to all of the lowest settings. Maybe that would work for me.

*mumbles* so much pleasure from a eight-year-old engine *mumbles*

Wyzcrak
                      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Tempus. I think DC has some issues with the way it runs. I own Road to Rome, and Secrets Weapons of WWII. Both these games run really smooth. DC runs good, but not as good as the other mods.

Comment

Check your sound settings. BF1942 had issues with the sound quality and game performance. Try setting your sound back to 11Khz as the quality, I know that doing that made the game run with no problems on my machine.

Comment

Originally posted by Total
                            One thing though.... if we are going to play this with "realism" then I question the chopper lifting the tank and the PT boat... not wanting to be negative or anything..... this game looks sooo good :)
                            Not that tanks and boats were lifted with a single big chain, but helo-lifting armor and riverboats was quite common... A valuable technological advance that we got from the Korean War...
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Total
                              Older vietnam tanks weight over 40 tons.
                              The tanks pictures are the M551 Sheridan ARAAV(Armored Reconnaissance/Airborne Assualt Vehicle). Fully loaded it comes in just over 16 tons so a UH-1 not going to get it off the ground. It can be dropped out of C-141 or C-5 under the a cloud of silk and with luck will not bounce and roll when it hits the ground. In the 1960's they had a home in the Armored Cavalry Regiments but now only the 82nd Airborne and the OPFOR at Fort Irwin use them.
                              Someone has to do it, it might as well be me.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X