BBC: McDonald's pulls out of Iceland

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBC: McDonald's pulls out of Iceland

Haha! I love my country, I really do :D.

BBC: McDonald's pulls out of Iceland

The Consumerist: Iceland Is So Messed Up McDonald's Is Giving Up And Going Home

You know the economy is bad when McDonald's can't make a profit!
    "Video games develop hand-eye coordination, and make kids into better human beings!" - Prof. Membrane

Re: BBC: McDonald's pulls out of Iceland

haha thats epic, my friend did a report on mcd's and she said on average an american woman gets 800% her daily sugar in ONE DINNER!!!
    lol 'gratz iceland

Comment

Gone is my dream for Björk to show me the MacD's in Iceland and run off to try the local food :(

Ah well. Here's hoping for the latter anyway.

<shakes fist at MacD's everywhere>

\o/ for Iceland! Hope it gets better on the financial front very soon.

Comment

The fast food giant said its three outlets in the country would
        shut
        I can see why really, if you only have 3 restaurants its not really commercially viable to ship all the stuff you need. Its put quite well by one of their managers:

For a kilo of onion, imported from Germany, I'm paying the equivalent of a bottle of good whisky

Jon Gardar Ogmundsson
        McDonald's Icelandic franchisee

Comment

Look for the silver lining, Icelanders. Your country is free of McCrap.

Comment

Funny coincidence: I just happened to get a McDonald's burger the day before the news came out. It was the first I've tried in many, many years. It had no taste at all. I shed no tears for MacD.

But it's a really good thing though, they're going to get most of the ingredients locally now, most importantly the meat.

Apparently they're going to be replaced by "Metro" now, look familiar to anyone?

"Video games develop hand-eye coordination, and make kids into better human beings!" - Prof. Membrane

Comment

What kind of local meat can you get in Iceland? Should we expect polar bear burgers when we come to visit? :p (The only thing I know about Iceland is that Iceland is green while Greenland is covered with ice.)
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Hehe, generally burgers in Iceland are made from cows and chickens. Some fancier places offer reindeer burgers and I have heard about whale burgers but I haven't tried either.

Iceland is quite green in the summertime but during winter it gets really snowy. And I've heard that although Greenland looks completely white on maps, it's actually very green on the coastline, where most of the people live.

Also, I've heard that all bear meat is disgusting :P.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X