Shattered Horizon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shattered Horizon

Its releasing 1pm Eastern today on steam,anyone else getting it??

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dd-2dZMDAGw[/media]

Re: Shattered Horizon

Running XP, unfortunately. I'm too poor to drop cash on Windows 7.

Comment

Yup, got it and enjoy it so for. A good $20 purchase.

Comment

I played half of a round (i guess I joined late in the game) and I love it. I tell you what though, people who get vertigo should NEVER play this game. The absolute three dimensional control is astounding (for those of you that dont know, in the game, you can control not only your vertical and horizontal movement, but also pitch and yaw to suit the landscape). The first time you get in a firefight with someone who is standing upside down on a 45 degree platform, you'll know what i mean.

Also, I love the fact that they got the space physics right. If you start moving, you keep moving until something stops you. Oh, and I recommend everyone who got this game (even though you'll probably die while doing it) shut down your suit and check out how eerie it feels. You can see people shooting, but you cant hear anything except your own breathing. Its pretty nifty.

Comment

Agreed with everything Ferris said. I just finished about 2 hours of playing it, and had to stop because i was beginning to get dizzy.

Comment

Just created a shattered horizon steam group so we can organize some games together.
            http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TG-SH

Comment

Originally posted by kevlarorc View Post
              Just created a shattered horizon steam group so we can organize some games together.
              http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TG-SH
              Comment

Woah this looks wicked fun! Why did I not know about this?!

Comment

So would you guys recommend it? I'm thinking of picking this one up but unsure as L4D2 is so close.
                  |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                  Irregular since 2007.

Comment

That game is a super massive fail! You can't hear gun fire in space!!! How stupid. (14 yr old Nerd smirk.)

Actually it looks hella fun.
                    Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                    - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                    - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                    - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                    - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                    - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                    - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

It's super fun. It's one of those games where there is most certainly strength in numbers. If we got a group of TGers on TS and all grouped up in a server we'd be unstoppable! MUahahahahahaah!...
                      You can also try being ninja and go all the way around the map behind enemy lines and melee people in the back. Let me tell you though, melee is like jousting in this game. You fly toward the enemy at 40 mph and hope that you hit the melee button at just the right time to catch them square in the back. haha

Comment

Oh yeah, kevlar hacks too. I unloaded a full clip into his back last night and he turned around and one-shotted me. Cheater. :D

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                          That game is a super massive fail! You can't hear gun fire in space!!! How stupid. (14 yr old Nerd smirk.)

Actually it looks hella fun.
                          The sound ingame is a audio simulation system,and it can go offline when your suit shuts down.It shuts down when EMP hits you or you do it manually to go stealth.WHen its offline your hud dissapears including ingame chat.The only sounds are bullets hitting your suit,breathing and heartbeat.Skip to 5:13 for the Shattered horizon part

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L07CRawBCGQ[/media]

Comment

Originally posted by Smooov View Post
                            The sound ingame is a audio simulation system,and it can go offline when your suit shuts down.It shuts down when EMP hits you or you do it manually to go stealth.WHen its offline your hud dissapears including ingame chat.The only sounds are bullets hitting your suit,breathing and heartbeat.Skip to 5:13 for the Shattered horizon part

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L07CRawBCGQ[/media]
                            I was just making a joke playing off the stereotypical geek. If you could have heard the funny geek voice in my head as I wrote it you would have gotten it. And it was freakin' hilarious!
                            Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                            - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                            - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                            - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                            - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                            - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                            - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Hows the performance?
                              |TG|Ghost02
                              TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X