verb tackles the southeast region

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• verb tackles the southeast region

Found out today that I have to be in the Atlanta area May 23-24 for work. I'd love to meet up with any and all TG'ers that I can. I'm even considering adding a few days to either end of my trip just to visit more TG folk. One of my possible connecting locations is Memphis, so an option is for me to raze that area for a bit; I know Wyz is based out of there. Anyone in either of those areas that would want to grab a bite and a brew with ol' Verbose the weekend of the 19th-21st, or sometime on the 25th-26th?

I'll be booking my flights ASAP since the trip is already so close, so speak up!
    "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Re: verb tackles the southeast region

I daily am more and more amazed at what an incredibly and increasingly fascinating person I am.

That being said, I must point out that even such an impressive personality as mine doesn't alone justify going two states out of your way.

But, I guess it's up to you to decide if you're coming here or not.

If you are, please plan on having a meal with me somewhere. :) I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Tempest when he passed through.

I'm hosting family on the 26th - 29th, so those dates are out. Any other date I can manage something.

Really, though. I don't it necessary for you to cross two states to Memphis unless you have other business here, business or otherwise.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Unless I drive down to Kansas City before departing, I pretty much have to hop through Chicago, Detroit, Memphis, or Minneapolis. Thus, it's generally not a big deal to take an extra day or two in one of those cities. I guess then I'm not really restricted to the Southeast for visiting purposes. I'll probably fly somewhere on Friday the 20th so I have Saturday to do visits (and probably most of Friday if I'm on the red-eye), then on to Atlanta on Sunday.
      Last edited by verbose; 05-12-2005, 03:54 PM.

Comment

Well, draw up your battle plan and let me know if or when you'll be in town.

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Grr, I would have got hosed on multi-city tickets. We're talking over double the cost. So, instead, I scheduled the longest layover I could arrange in Memphis. Once you set up a layover greater than about 4 hours, it turns into a multi-hop ticket (no difference between 7 hours and 7 days...). Sunday the 22nd: landing at MEM at 12:39, leaving at 16:22. Leaves me about 2.5 hours for lunch with any locals.

Comment

Nice work. I'll arrange us something and send details.

Comment

oh, i am all over this.
              --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Thanks Wyzcrak for carting me around Memphis for lunch and some brief sight-seeing. Had a great time. I'm sorry to disappoint everyone, but I failed to get a picture of Wyzcrak. We're still stuck with the "Hi! I'm jet-skiing from far away!" photo :(

Thanks to Keres for joining me in attacking the Atlanta Underground and surrounding areas. Had a most excellent time. I *did* get pictures of the NS girl everyone loves to take orders from. Here's my favorite:

(Keres attempts to block my photo with waving hands, but times it wrong. Instead, I catch her in the lens, smiling brightly in the levity of the moment.)

Comment

Hehe... maybe I will get a better picture of Wyz duct taped to his chair at Million Man Lan (jk.. I am the one who's gonna be duct taped lol)

Comment

Originally posted by verbose
                    (Keres attempts to block my photo with waving hands, but times it wrong. Instead, I catch her in the lens, smiling brightly in the levity of the moment.)
                    He forgets to mention that I did manage to mess up a few pictures, that we saw a pimp among our travels, and he wouldn't hit on our waiter.
                    But it's ok, selective memory, y'know.
                    I, for one, believe verb needs to tackle the southeast region more often.
                    --------

Zephyr: Besides Wyzcrak and his godly voice; the kind of voice that you will expect to say "Zephyr, I need you to build an ark at Marine Start, with room for two of every structure so that I may turret spam for 40 days and 40 nights" that is.

Squeak:Sometimes I'm awed by zibs genius. Then I remember he's Canadian and I feel significantly less threatened.

Comment

Holy crap, I recognized that as Underground Atlanta before I read the accompanying text. I was just there a couple weeks ago. Had I known Keres were lerking in its depths I would have tried to steer clear!

Comment

Originally posted by rs_j
                        Holy crap, I recognized that as Underground Atlanta before I read the accompanying text. I was just there a couple weeks ago. Had I known Keres were lerking in its depths I would have tried to steer clear!
                        Actually, j, if you look behind you, I'm standing right there. I'm everywhere all the time; you can't steer clear of me.
                        --------

Comment

Originally posted by Keres
                          Actually, j, if you look behind you, I'm standing right there. I'm everywhere all the time; you can't steer clear of me.
                          Omg stalker!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X