Sixth Sense Technology: Bringing Computing into the Real World

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sixth Sense Technology: Bringing Computing into the Real World

You guys HAVE to watch this. It's absolutely AMAZING. The guy started with taking apart a mouse and has developed technology (which he's making OPEN SOURCE) which could potentially allow people to do their computing in a real-world interactive nature. Now, this might not make sense as I talk about it, but watch the video in the link below. If you're not completely blown away, you must be waiting for people to spontaneously develop individual flight capabilities to be intrigued.

http://www.ted.com/talks/pranav_mist...echnology.html

Re: Sixth Sense Technology: Bringing Computing into the Real World

That was really brilliant, it'll be amazing to see that perfected in the future.

Nice find.

|TG-Irr| MrJengles - You know you want to say it out loud.

Comment

Wow. That guy is sheer genius! Amazing video and well worth watching.
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Wooooooooooooooow. Thats amazing! Thanks for sharing

Comment

Yeah, Thanks for sharing. I know I saw this is a magazine just a couple of months ago but had no idea it could do all this.

Comment

That's going to be super duper cool when it gets done er. I'm looking forward to seeing that hooked up to some fancy eye projection typo digital glasses, so instead of broadcasting to the world, you are doing it all in a more personal interface.

Comment

I think this is fantastic. Truly incredible.
              |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

I see dead people.........oh wait, its not that kind of sixth sense?
                Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
                Level II Volunteer FireFighter
                Level I HazMat Technician
                NYS EMT-B
                Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
                RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
                Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
                Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
                We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

Imagine how amazing that would be... The possibilities of open source.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Meh... A lot of great ideas but little substance. Sorry I like the concepts of how to interact in the world but most of what I saw in this video was 'wouldn't it be great if,' not 'now we can.' I will admit the foot pong was cool and all, but that was one of the few true projects, the rest seemed to be ideas for future projects nothing more.

Comment

He did also say the hardware behind this stuff is amazingly cheap, I do not see why it would be that far off into the future.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

I picked up one on a black friday sale ;)

Comment

Nothing new here technology-wise.
                          It's the mash-up he made that has potential.
                          He took things already available to us and found a way to put them all together to do some neat things.
                          His drive and desire to explore the world around us and try to make it better for us all is inspiring to me.

He's swimming in the big sea of human/computer interfacing and I have to say he made some decent size waves.

|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X