Gobble Gobble Gobble

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gobble Gobble Gobble

For those that celebrate it hope u have a warm an full Turkey Day!
    "It doesn't take a hero to order men into battle. It takes a hero to be one of those men who goes into battle."
    "To show you what a difference retirement makes. Last year when I gave an order, 541,000 men and women jumped," he explained. "Now I can't even get the plumber to come over."
    Norman Schwarzkopf

Re: Gobble Gobble Gobble

I have to work 6 days this week, including thanksgiving. Hope everyone else enjoys their tryptophan dose though.*

*i'm compelled to note that the amount of turkey you'd have to eat for the tryptophan in it to actually make you drowsy is approximately 30lbs in an hour. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
      I have to work 6 days this week, including thanksgiving. Hope everyone else enjoys their tryptophan dose though.*

*i'm compelled to note that the amount of turkey you'd have to eat for the tryptophan in it to actually make you drowsy is approximately 30lbs in an hour. :)
      I thank you for being on duty during the Holidays. When I worked at a gas station I always volunteered to work on Thanksgiving and Christmas since my family was only 30 minutes away and someone needs to be there for when people need to fill up to get where they are going. I hope your shifts are uneventful but not boring :)
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Friends who worked hard

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
          I thank you for being on duty during the Holidays. When I worked at a gas station I always volunteered to work on Thanksgiving and Christmas since my family was only 30 minutes away and someone needs to be there for when people need to fill up to get where they are going. I hope your shifts are uneventful but not boring :)
          Unfortunately snoogs, that wont be the case. Believe me, I wish it were. But I get the wondrous joy of being in the ER on thanksgiving day, which means I get to treat lacerations and burns ALL DAY. Oh yeah, and food poisoning, cant forget about pumping peoples stomachs for hours at a time!

Comment

I used to have an asthma attack almost invariably on thanksgiving night. Didn't seem related to reflux or anything scientific, but I could bet for a few years that I would be spending the better part of the next week in the hospital.

Have as much fun as you can.

A large part of the reason I could never imagine myself as a doctor, is I would never want to be in a position where I had to help people with the ridiculously stupid injuries they give themselves :D. At least you'll get the occasional funny one.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X