Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do?

[media]http://www.phdcomics.com/comics/archive/phd120209s.gif[/media]

That pretty much sums it up for me. I'm at the dissertation stage of my PhD program.

Re: What do you do?

Educate members of the unwashed masses, like me. What is involved in a dissertation required for a PhD?

Comment

I stick people with sharp objects, play with lots of drugs, and occasionally watch people die. No, I'm not a heroin dealer, I'm a nurse.

Comment

Software engineer for a biotech company. I work on developing and testing software for analysis, integration, and visualization of large amounts of [bio/chem] data.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

I make money doing software stuff.

What I actually do is try and ensure my children will provide the world at least as much as they take.
          Last edited by El_Gringo_Grande; 12-04-2009, 11:20 PM.
          I’m not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

I arrest drug users and dealers in the military ahahahhahahahahahaah

Comment

I watch others work and I pontificate. I am retired (from work only).

Comment

I am a Certified Pharmacy Technician been doing it for 13 years and I am currently working on becoming a Pharmacist.

Comment

Push buttons and stare at computer screens.
                  BarnacleofDoom

One shot - One miss!

Comment

Go to school full time and deal with my parents, in particular my mother.

"Certainly, being bombarded with 105 millimeter shells is bad. But the knowledge that you've armed your enemy thus, with your sloth and your ineptitude, unfolds in the heart like a poison." Tycho from Penny Arcade in reference to the nuke in MW2

Comment

I arrange for people to go home.
                      Become a supporting member!
                      Buy a Tactical Duck!
                      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I help schools with funding on two areas. I work with those that are submitting reports for federal reporting such as enrollment numbers, dropout information, etc used for basic funding. I also work with schools implementing technology in the classrooms (basically anything past a chalkboard and books) to ensure they are doing it in a way that improves education.
                        |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I'm a 12 hour desk slave.
                          Skud

Comment

I'm the marketing guy.

Comment

I work to live; never live to work. So what it is I do is of little interest as long as I do it well enough to continue living my life with enough freedom to explore and experience the things I find valuable.
                              "There are two kinds of people in this world. Those with guns and those who dig. You dig."
                              EvE Online: Jintu Xi, Bandu McWilly
                              PLAYSTATION®Network & Steam = "TrickyTerp"

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...