What do you do for the Holidays?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do for the Holidays?

I live in Palo Alto, California. It is December and as much as I want it to snow, it aint gonna happen, though its getting pretty close to raining. Im sitting here typing this thread and playing Monopoly with my family and watching the movie "Home Alone". Makes you think that this is what makes a great holiday( wether you celebrate christmas or not). I wanted to share this with you all because of what people do on these kinds of nights. Do you watch a movie? Play a game infront of the fireplace? Go out caroling? Trick-or-Treating? (yes, people do it for pastries)

I dont know, but the whole idea just sounds so great :D
    Share your ideas, and maybe even list a few great Holiday Movies that you recommend :)

Re: What do you do for the Holidays?

During the holiday "season" life isn't too much different from normal for me. Thanksgiving/Christmas is going to my Uncle's and Grandfather's.

Also, there was a slight snow earlier today in Kentucky :D

Comment

Beer and Football.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your snow less situation! It snowed lightly yesterday in PA also. The woodstove isn't roaring yet since it's not been too awfully cold, but when it is - elbowing the dogs out and taking a nap by it is nice. If we get the right type of snow with a good, icy crust then we'll probably dig the sleds out.

And, I make recordings like this. I do some throughout the year, but I get around to doing more with the "bad" weather.
        Last edited by SilentSunshine; 12-06-2009, 03:58 PM. Reason: Gaming headsets work well to record for Librivox, BTW. :)

sigpic
        "The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying
        something which is not everything it should be." Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

oh snow.. Only got like 4-5 inches of snow but they have promise another feet or 2 next week which means firing up the snowmobile and taking a hunting trip. Christmas I'm gonna spend at my mothers place eating lots and lots of food :)
          Nubhar

- In the process, I have discovered that I can make iron bolts with my butt****.

Comment

We got about 2 inches of wintery mix here in Maryland. I'll be in London for Christmas this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
              Beer and Football.
              This. Plus turkey.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Slingin' Narcan
                |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

I enjoy family time on Christmas, get really drunk on New Year's. :D

Comment

Only time im allowed to drink Alcohol.....

Comment

Originally posted by Sluggo78 View Post
                      I live in Palo Alto, California. It is December and as much as I want it to snow, it aint gonna happen, though its getting pretty close to raining. Im sitting here typing this thread and playing Monopoly with my family and watching the movie "Home Alone". Makes you think that this is what makes a great holiday( wether you celebrate christmas or not). I wanted to share this with you all because of what people do on these kinds of nights. Do you watch a movie? Play a game infront of the fireplace? Go out caroling? Trick-or-Treating? (yes, people do it for pastries)

I dont know, but the whole idea just sounds so great :D
                      Share your ideas, and maybe even list a few great Holiday Movies that you recommend :)
                      Trust me, snow is way overrated, right now I'm dreaming of spending the holidays in Florida, but I can understand what it must be like to live somewhere where you never get any of the dreaded white stuff of nightmares.

During the hustle and bustle of running around the 24th and 25th, I usually keep the ol' boob tube on in the background tuned to TBS with their "24 hrs of A Christmas Story" marathon. There is one flick that you can never see too many times.

Comment

Originally posted by harlequin View Post
                        trust me, snow is way overrated...
                        blasphemy!

Comment

Snow makes sub- zero F* temperatures bearable....
                          |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

Originally posted by DrBeat View Post
                            We got about 2 inches of wintery mix here in Maryland. I'll be in London for Christmas this year.
                            No fair, I LOVE London at xmas. Where abouts? I just left Hamleys on Regent Street last year when the Snow started, was a pretty sweet moment! This year I return to Northern Ireland and get very drunk and explode on xmas food!

Comment

Hanging out with friends, enjoying the last days of this year. That's pretty much a routine, nothing special. Of course then there are the famous family feasts where you never eat everything that you get cause it's just too freaking much.

As for the snow, I love it and can't really see how I could live without it at least 1-2 months per year. Snow adds +10 awesomeness, +15 coolness and +20 to the looks of everything :P

How can you ignore the boost?
                              ˝Memento audere semper˝

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...