Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mint.com

Anyone else here using it?

I've been using it for several months after hearing about it on Lifehacker. Basically, it's a personal finance app that will monitor all of your various accounts, let you set up a custom budget and automatically classify purchases into your budget categories, notifies you of any large or abnormal account activity, and advise you of changes you can make to save (or make) money.

When I log in to Mint.com, I see my three checking accounts, my four savings accounts, my mortgage account, my evil credit card account and my federal Thrift Savings Plan account. It's pretty slick and I plan on really using the budget functions of this service from now on.

My only complaint is that one of my banks is intentionally not working with Mint.com because it's planning on introducing a competing service soon.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Re: Mint.com

I use it. It's quite handy and and has a great interface that helps track your spending habits.

TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran

Comment

Sounds interesting, but free tracking of my bank accounts? What's the catch?

Comment

Originally posted by Boot View Post
        Sounds interesting, but free tracking of my bank accounts? What's the catch?
        Mint.com suggests products and services that may save (or make) you money.

You will get alerts that advise you that refinancing your home will save you x amount of dollars over the next ten years, or that switching from a standard savings account to a particular CD will earn you x amount of dollars over the next year.

Oh, Mint.com was recently purchased by Quicken in a deal that was estimated to be worth $170million, so somebody thinks it's a worthy business model.
        Buy a Tactical Duck!
        Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."

Comment

Huh. Interesting site. Why do you suppose its called "Mint". (I'm curious)

Comment

Originally posted by BentoBoxes View Post
            Huh. Interesting site. Why do you suppose its called "Mint". (I'm curious)
            Maybe because you can make/save a mint if you use it?
            Buy a Tactical Duck!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X