Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M&B: Warband Multiplayer Coop Footage

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b0l-iZrpLbI[/media]

Twenty odd players take the field against hundreds of AI bots lead by a single player commander. The results are epic. I didn't take the video, but I am in it, somewhere on the the left flank of the second charge.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bx3GTtQpgyo&NR=1

Cavalry duels

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5vA9...eature=related

a castle siege.

www.taleworlds.com for more info.

Re: M&B: Warband Multiplayer Coop Footage

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSosqB-1nEU&feature=related[/media]

EPCI!

Comment

I'm active in the ongoing beta for this, although I haven't yet played any coop matches. It is very fun, but also possesses a steep learning curve.

Comment

When you're trying to promote a game, you should use an acronym for it like M&B and give some details on it.

- -

Comment

Okay. Mount and Blade is a third person slasher game. It sets out to be a fun simulation of medieval combat with a strong emphasis on cavalry fighting. It is independently developed by a gentleman named Armagan, his wife, and several of their friends.

Gameplay is similar to a game like Sid Meyer's Pirates. The player and his party of soldiers wander the world map. They can engage in battle with bandits or raid caravans. They can receive missions from the feudal lords of the various nations of Calradia. They can trade goods between the many towns and villages.

Battles occur in a 3d person mode. The player controls his own character and levels up as in a traditional RPG. Additionally, the player can command tens or even hundreds of additional soldiers. Unlike a traditional RTS game, each individual soldier on the field has his own stats, armor, and weapons, and fights as an individual with it's own AI.

An expansion called Warband, which will introduce enhanced AI and many other features. It will also feature multiplayer, which is featured in the attached videos.

A demo is available, which allows the player access to the full game up until level seven.

Demo link
          http://www.taleworlds.com/mb_download.html

M&B is easily one of the best game's I have ever played. The base game offers a great deal of variety and options to the player. Additionally, there are many mods available and an active mod community, and sometime around march 2010 Warband will become available with multiplayer and expanded features.

Comment

This expansion is going to add alot of fun to the game.

"I was never much a fan to playing anything online without having to manage my own private server. The Internet Gaming community has evolved to cater to the lowest common denominator and practically ruined my desire to have any part of it. But not here. It is something wonderfully different." - frozenchrome

"Teamspeak doesn't make the tactics in DayZ any better. It just let's everyone share in the agony of waiting to connect." -Warlab

Proud Former member of the 19th Mechanized Infantry

Comment

Sorry i meant Shouldn't use acronym's. I've heard good things about mount and blade, thanks for the info frank!

- -

Comment

Haha, rofl!

Comment

Does the multiplayer portion have multiplayer CAMPAIGN map or just individual battles?

Its really a shame total war series never had a campaign map, as thats where I think most of the fun comes from, cuz you feel some personal attachement to the troops your sending into battle and not just a meaningless fight, as the win or loss of the fighting has major consequences.

Comment

Originally posted by fuzzhead View Post
                    Does the multiplayer portion have multiplayer CAMPAIGN map or just individual battles?

Its really a shame total war series never had a campaign map, as thats where I think most of the fun comes from, cuz you feel some personal attachement to the troops your sending into battle and not just a meaningless fight, as the win or loss of the fighting has major consequences.
                    The server runs one game mode typically, which runs random teams against each other.
                    I don't think there is any sort of campaign. Definitely not a campaign map.

Game Modes:
                    Death match
                    Capture the flag
                    Destroy objective
                    Team death match
                    Battle (one spawn)
                    Castle Siege
                    More..(?)

Comment

No campaign mode that I am aware of. I wouldn't put it past the mod community to kick one out later, though. Something like co-op or party co-op might be doable.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X