787 First Flight

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 787 First Flight

Boeing is opening the first flight window, today, in 2 hours.

The Boeing 787 Dreamliner, represents one of the greatest advancements in Airliners to date. From the Large Avionics, to the Carbon Fiber body, to the General Electric GEnx turbofans. The 787 is thus far, a pinnacle in Civil Aviation.

It is also one of the most Successfull airplane Launches in History

As of October 9th, this year, there were 840 Firm orders for the 787. Since then, several airlines have placed additional orders, and United is now in Talks to order 25 787's.

at a list price of about 160 Million each, this program has already racked in ... wait for it...

About 134 Trillion Dollars.

Doctor Evil can't even get his hands on that kind of Dough.

If anyone wants to join the celebration, the live Webcast will go online at 9:40AM Pacific time :)

http://787firstflight.newairplane.com/ffindex.html

Re: 787 First Flight

134 Billion. But still... "that's a big twinkie!"

thanks for the link! :)

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
      134 Billion. But still... "that's a big twinkie!"

thanks for the link! :)
      Damned, I miscounted my Zeros.

134 billion is still better than what doctor evil could get his hands on. :D

Comment

Well, she's airborne :). For the next 5.5 hours they'll be running a few tests, and learning the way the airplane flies, before bringing her back to earth. Very beautiful airplane

[media]http://www.aviationspectator.com/files/images/Boeing-787-Dreamliner-17.jpg[/media]

Comment

Having worked at GE Aircraft Engines (now named GE Aviation) for several years in the recent past, Damonte can confirm just how big a deal the GEnx engines are for the companies (GE and Boeing).

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Video

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nacAtIi67G4[/media]

Comment

the wings are so cool... i can't help but think how birdlike they are...

Comment

Very nice looking 'plane. I especially like the blue and white colour scheme.
                |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                Irregular since 2007.

Comment

The landing is coming up shortly.. perhaps about an hour..
                  sigpic

Comment

.. Or 2 minutes ago..
                    sigpic

Comment

Any chance we can move this thread from Sandbox to General? I don't think we're gonna be saying anything really controversial here that needs to be hidden in the basement with the crazy aunts. ;)
                      Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeySix View Post
                        the wings are so cool... i can't help but think how birdlike they are...

Is that why the engines look so out of place? They just look awkward.
                        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
                        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
                        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
                        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
                        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
                        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
                        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

WOOT. Hooray for successful takeoffs

Comment

Takeoffs are easy. It's the successful landings that we should celebrate. ;)
                            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

I believe that flew with Rolls Royce Trents rather than GEnx engines.

|

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X