• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not bad for 300$.

Read on.

The vid on youtube.

Wild.

DB

«That looks like a really nice house except for that horrible bathroom.» Donrhos

| |

Re: Not bad for 300$.

Whenever they show these low budget stories they never count labor and rarely hardware in the costs when comparing it to a normal movie (yes I realize that 300 is still very low even if you added the creator's time and the cost of the hardware/software used).

So I would guess this actually cost a few thousand in labor and equipment required, still very respectable, and getting a movie deal from a short film created in your spare time is just awesome.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I agree with snooggums, there is no way those special effects were done for $300.

After I watched the movie, I was confused by why he was offered a $30 million dollar contract. I mistakenly read the article as if he was offered $30 million dollars for the rights to his movie. They just want him to produce a sci-fi movie. I did like how the article said,

" 'If some director from some country can achieve this just uploading a video to YouTube, it obviously means that anyone could do it,' he added."

To me that is misleading, yeah he just uploaded a movie, but I have to believe Hollywood studios were more impressed with the 1.5 million hits and the special effects that were done. Which I'm sure most people could do, IF they spent the time to learn how to make special effects and had some really high quality work done.

For more information regarding the cost and how it was made go here: http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthre...ght=big+robots

$300 covered the live action shots.
      Big-eye101: "A true catman post a day keeps the bad mood away"

Please do not take any posts made by Catman seriously. If you begin to take his posts seriously, please seek psychiatric attention.

Comment

Great tune, that is from 28 Days Later, soundtrack by John Murphy !

video was okay too haha but the robot design I thought was kinda lame :/

Comment

Aside from the effects his shot composition was very very good. Orson Welles good.

Comment

Originally posted by Hambergler View Post
            Aside from the effects his shot composition was very very good. Orson Welles good.
            I think that is really what lead up to the $30 mil contract.

I watched it first without audio and yeah that song is from 28 Days Later. I wonder how much the licensing fee would be on that song for a regular movie ;)
            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X