Toy guns

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toy guns

Early 60's commercial of the Mattel Tommy Burst Detective Set, with tommy gun and revolver:

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMqd5EQXD-g&NR=1[/media]

The price quoted, $7, would have taken me 7 months to save for, as I got a quarter a week allowance back then. (I've always been hyper-aware of prices, and I attribute it to that allowance and my need to understand opportunity cost, even if I didn't know the name for it at the time.)
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Toy guns

Ah yes, the good ol' days when toy guns weren't hot pink and neon green.

Comment

I became a sad panda when they started making all toy guns in bright colors in the late 80's :(

We had these electric uzi waterguns at one point that were pretty convincing, they actually shot little spurts of water to like it was automatic. Solid black.

Now water guns are safety orange and neon green. Blech!
      |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Thats awsome i want one for my Birthday! Haha. Just goes to show how much the toys are different nowadays.
        sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

I had a cap gun that looked much like a chromed 357 revolver. It was made of metal so was pretty hefty. You even loaded it with real bullets because the cap was in the place of the primer. The holster it came with held the extra dozen or so bullets. It used those caps for starter pistols so it was loud as well.

That thing was really cool. When I walked around with it I felt like a real gun slinger.

Of course I didn't have to worry about being shot by a stressed out cop chasing down child drug dealers.
          Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
          - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
          - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
          - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
          - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
          - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
          - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

In most parts of Europe you can still buy toyguns and gotcha replicas in the right colors, except germany of course.

Comment

Originally posted by snooggums View Post
              I became a sad panda when they started making all toy guns in bright colors in the late 80's :(

We had these electric uzi waterguns at one point that were pretty convincing, they actually shot little spurts of water to like it was automatic. Solid black.

Now water guns are safety orange and neon green. Blech!

Takes me back...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99UPQEFSGVQ[/media]

Comment

Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                Takes me back...

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99UPQEFSGVQ[/media]
                That thing is awsome! Now i want one of those too! haha
                sigpic

Proud to have been an Irregular, HeadHunter, and a Siege Corps Engineers!

Comment

An RPG water launcher! My childhood is lacking something...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X