TG in PC Gamer. Reminds me of where I started

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TG in PC Gamer. Reminds me of where I started

Hello, I have not been to this site in a long time. I was an active member with the release of Battlefield 2 and its mods; along with Battlefield 2142. With the up coming release of Battlefield Bad Company 2 I plan to once again be active with the group if a server becomes available. Why you may ask?

Well playing Battlefield 2 with current and retired military and law enforcement created a tactical (no pun intended) and team work based environment. I really liked how the Battlefield 2 Vanilla server was set up where players must join a squad to promote team work.

I was part of a community Edge Gamers Organization for quite some time but left due to losing interest in the games they supported to be a full time member. I was reading the mail letter on PC Gamer Magazine and saw a quote about Tactical Gamer and raised my interests to come back parallel to the release of Battlefield Bad Company 2.

So I like to say hello for now and will begin to read all the stickies to catch up on any changes since I have last played with the group.

Re: TG in PC Gamer. Reminds me of where I started

Hey there! Welcome back. I heard about the article, but never read it? Is it on their website somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by oniell121 View Post
      Hey there! Welcome back. I heard about the article, but never read it? Is it on their website somewhere?
      It is not a big article but Ill post what it says in the magazine:

THANKS 'EVANS
      I can't tell you how long I've been waiting for a feature in PC Gamer like Evan Lahti's "From the Front." Most people see gamers as male,teenage and immature people cursing up a storm over global chat or in-game VOIP. It's communities like Tactical Gamer (just one name among many) that make PC gaming not only highly organized, but also intensely tactical and fun. As A fellow TG member and TGU instructor, I can't tell you what a smile this issue brought to my face. I hope you guys run more articles like this in the future! -Rachel "DRBEAT" SZe

This is from their Letters column. I am trying to find the back issue with the original article. :)

Comment

ah Dr.Beat !
        she is avid on the forums and will be along in this thread shortly

Comment

Originally posted by oniell121 View Post

http://www.pcgamer.com/pdfs/Dec09.FromTheFront.pdf

Comment

I kind of wish the writer of the article included the mods Point of Existence and Project Reality when he mentioned Battlefield 2, but hopefully those who read the article and stop by at TG will see it for their own eyes.
            Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
            Level II Volunteer FireFighter
            Level I HazMat Technician
            NYS EMT-B
            Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
            RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
            Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
            Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
            We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

I have to say, that is freaking SWEET. The fact that our community is renowned enough to have a full spread article in a major publication rocks.

Comment

Yep, I bought the issue when it was fresh. I read it quite a few times. Made my proud.

Comment

Originally posted by Ferris Bueller View Post
                  I have to say, that is freaking SWEET. The fact that our community is renowned enough to have a full spread article in a major publication rocks.
                  You should really read the front page more often ;).

And yes, that is awesome.
                  Anger is a gift - Malcolm X

Comment

i'll talk to the writer and tell him you guys want him to play with you. maybe he'll write about it.

Comment

That's amazing! Very cool to all you ArmA folks!

Comment

Oh hi guys! That quote was from a letters-to-the editor I sent in regarding the ArmA2 TG feature.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X