Suggest a Job!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggest a Job!

I was recently laid off from work and now I have the daunting task of finding a new job before my severance package runs out (3 months). I'd rather not file for unemployment.

I am a 32 y/o white male without a college degree (but 2 years college education).

I was a manager for a casual dining restaurant chain. Although I didn't like the company I don't mind the work. I have over 16 years in the hospitality industry.

Interests: Computers, Law Enforcement, Military, Firearms, Politics (I am currently running for a local office)

Suggest a job for me!
    Last edited by Global.Cooling; 01-13-2010, 10:41 PM.

Re: Suggest a Job!

www.goarmy.com

being serious......

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

in the words of the great Judge Smails... "well.. the world needs ditch diggers too.."

lol kidding of course... but seriously good luck finding a job man!
      Dizlor

Comment

Originally posted by Global.Cooling View Post
        Politics (I am currently running for a local office)
        Suggest a job for me!
        Not a suggestion, but encouragement none the less: go Cooling! :P

sigpic
        "The true genius shudders at incompleteness - and usually prefers silence to saying
        something which is not everything it should be." Edgar Allan Poe

Comment

www.usajobs.gov
          Become a supporting member!
          Buy a Tactical Duck!
          Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
          TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I remember seeing a story recently about sectors that are growing and restaurants was one of them. So with any luck, you might even find a job back in the same industry.

You might go "upstream" and look for a job at a restaurant supplier. With both computer and restaurant knowledge you might be well-qualified at working in the supply chain management part of the industry.

Dredge's idea has possibilities: You could try to vector into a military's mess system. Maybe those who know the system could advise on how to insure getting a billet there. Which branch has the best food? (You might instead want to go for the worst, since it's hard to fail from the bottom. :p)
            Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X