Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally gonna do it! But what to listen to?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally gonna do it! But what to listen to?

Ok, so after atleast 9 years of a sedentary life. I have committed to change my ways and live a more active life and hopefully lifestyle. But it's lonely on those miles of walking and eventually running, swimming, biking.

So do you all have any playlists or songs you like to listen to while working out?

Re: Finally gonna do it! But what to listen to?

Metallica

Comment

Any favs that stand out?

Oh kind of related is that I now need to organize my music library. Since most if not all the embedded info is missing or incomplete!

Comment

Have fun with that.

Listen to some KMFDM specifically to tohuvabohu. Not as hard as some other albums by them, but it is good.
        |TG|Ghost02
        TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Anything that is fast with lots of energy. I prefer hardcorish punk while jogging (DK, misfits, sex pistols, agent orange etc...) since it keeps my energy going.
          Like the server? Become a regular! TGNS Required Reading
          Answers to every server question? Yes! TGNS FAQ

Comment

Although techno tends to be boring and repetitive on it's own, it has a good steady beat, has longer songs and fits working out very well. I'd recommend Orbital as an example.

Stay away from punk while exercising, too fast and songs are to short :)
            |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

I listen to pod casts about subjects I like. Music becomes rather boring to me after about 10 minutes.
              Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
              - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
              - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
              - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
              - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
              - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
              - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Depends on what you're doing.

For mountain biking I barely ever listen to anything cuz nature sounds much better.

For BMX or riding around Boston, its usually some ska or punk.

Comment

Originally posted by El_Gringo_Grande View Post
                  I listen to pod casts about subjects I like. Music becomes rather boring to me after about 10 minutes.
                  I do something similar. I have my tread mill right by my computer so I load up TV shows or movies and watch while I run. I find I get a bit tired of music after a few weeks.

It honestly doesn't matter what the movie is, when I run out of "my" movies I watch some of my wifes. The point for me is I get caught up for brief moments and forget that my legs are sore and I have no cardio.

Good pod casts or even talk radio could be enough to do the trick. I have found myself on long road trips listening to a radio show on gardening and actually engaged by it I don't like or have any intereset in the subject, strange effect.

Comment

I just find myself listening to something with humor when im out biking or jogging.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X