Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 24 season 8

Anyone watching?

I got hooked on last years season with the change up in the show and it's been really good for me. Premiere was last night and it was a great setup for this season. Great cast too.
    http://www.tv.com/24/show/3866/summa...=page_nav;main

- -

Re: 24 season 8

I was shocked when Freddy Prince Junior made his appearance and also the blonde girl from Battlestar Gallactica.

I have seen every single season and they have always gone a good job which creating a new story and giving Jack something to do. Will be interesting to see where this season goes as it is the final season.
    FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Comment

im not so sure that i am sold on prince JR. i thought that the premire was great and we get to enjoy another 2 hours tonight.

shocked me too when i saw starbuck, but i think that she will do a good job, wonder what her deal is though and how she got trough the vetting process through Homeland/CTU but nonetheless should pan out well.

i like how the incorporated UAV drones and facial rec. software, reminds me of an article on the huffington post about all the additional footage that they are recinving through the uavs that they are deploying and if you watched it( video feeds) straight through it would be more than 24 years to watch. they are also toying with the idea of the john madden teleprmter thing where you can circle stuff on the video feed and post up stats and stuff...pretty cool technology.

cant wait for tonight though hope it will be a little better than last season.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Wasn't that Leoben on next week's episode? We got the whole BSG crew coming over to 24. Who's next, Adama as a drug cartel leader who's secretly working with the Russians to illegally import massive amounts of vodka to South America?

Anyway, it feels like I've seen this season before.

Hmm, an assassination attempt on a high profile political leader? Check.

A traitor working inside said political leader's own cabinet? Check.

Internal awkward CTU romance? Check.

A CTU member with a checkered past which may or may not have any impact on the story whatsoever? Check.

Chloe and CTU members clash over her personality? Check.

CTU director who has no idea what he's doing? Check.

I know it must be hard to create a story for this show. I just wish they could come up with something unique.

Comment

tonights second premier part was pretty damn good. So that's 4 episodes down the drain and now the big story kicks in. Yeah some rehashed stuff but the funny thing is jack has a little jack to work with now in renee walker who is quite good imo.

- -

Comment

i know i think jack really screwed her up and she is so far off the reservation that she is going to do some 'bauer damage'

look she cut off that dudes thumb to get back in kinda like how jack did it in season two cutting that dudes head off!!!! im plased so far i just hope that jack by the end of the season ends up as CTU head man, full circle would be nice to see

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

it seems like the paradox of the show. He is the guy who could never be in charge because of what he's willing to do. The guy in charge has to play it safe, without that element, you wouldn't have complete coverage of all the factors. It seems anyway. We shall see.

- -

Comment

Good start to the new season, but is it confirmed that this is the last season? The most I had heard was that they would not bring Jack back for another season, and the writers seem to really want to kill him off. I think they could do well using Renee or Tony as the main character.

Comment

Only what i recall but keifer sutherland said he'd keep going till the writers wanted to stop.

- -

Comment

if they were to kill him off, it needs to be epic like who shot JR in Dallas...... and then they need to replace him with someone of equal or better value.

Comment

You can't replace Jack Bauer. This season is going to be incredibly interesting, and I think that mainly because of Renee Walker. Cut a guys hand off? Really? I am thinking she and Jack will bond and eventually work out the problems she is having, but that may take a while. Renee seems like the wild card this season. I don't see the CTU director lasting too long, and Dana Walsh, well, something big is going to happen with her, but who knows what it is going to be. I am already addicted to this season!

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Bauer View Post
                        if they were to kill him off, it needs to be epic like who shot JR in Dallas...... and then they need to replace him with someone of equal or better value.
                        Shouldn't that be "if they were to kill me off" ? :)
                        former TacticalGamer European Division

A Tactical Gamer since 2005 (the glorious days of BF2)

Comment

Great ep this week. this season is going better than i expected at first.

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X