Realistic Urban Combat Sim.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Realistic Urban Combat Sim.

Are there any realistic urban combat sims out there? I know of Full Spec. Warrior, but that game is rather old.

Re: Realistic Urban Combat Sim.

Have you checked out ArmA 2 ?

.....In simple terms, ArmA II is the world’s greatest set of toy soldiers - an ultra-comprehensive military sim, playable from first or third-person perspectives, that lets you play around with everything from a T-72 tank to a MV-22 Vertical Take-Off and Landing jet. There are sniper rifles, Stinger missiles, laser target designators… there are even bicycles, for pity’s sake (although your soldiers seem to ride them with an incredible sense of balance; you can grind to a halt and they’ll remain bolt upright). The game is packed with literally hundreds of vehicles, tools and weapons – all of them painstakingly modeled on their real-life counterparts. The main question, initially, is how exactly you’ll choose to play with them.
    By Neon Kelly
    Videogamer.com

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Yeah I've checked Arma 2 out, but I want a game where it is more urban focused, with the ability to command your fire team/squad.

Comment

I spent an hour last night fighting for my (virtual) life in the city of Avgani while playing ARMA 2. Moving from courtyard to courtyard, pieing around corners and anxiously watching out for insurgents popping onto the street from behind buildings and fences. All the while watching my squaddies back while he watched mine. Medics moved up when called, MGers covered our advance when necessary and reinforcments brought up ammo when needed. Block by block we fought like dirty dogs and ultimately defeated a deadly and stubborn insurgent force and destroyed for good their headquarters and their grip on the city.

Are you sure you gave ARMA 2 the try it deserves?

I will concede that most missions in ARMA 2 do seem to be in the countryside but the beauty of this game is it's unbelievable variety of possible experiences. It's all up to the mission maker. You yourself could create missions like I've described and with the proper vetting have them placed on the server for public play.
        sigpic
        |TG-1st|Grunt
        ARMA Admin (retired)
        Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Especially with our new addition to our Map pack there are some very nice Iraqi style cities. We did a cache search in one the other day and the AI was coming out of the woodwork. Its really fun and i think you might find what you are looking for in it.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

You might want to give Insurgency, a mod for HL2, a try - I haven't played it a lot so far, but it seems to roughly fit what you are looking for (you *do* respawn though, meh).

If you prefer playing offline, you might also give Rainbow Six: Vegas a try. It's not as realistic as ArmA or Insurgency, but it's a quite decent Tactical Shooter which can be a lot of fun on higher difficulty levels.

Comment

I believe you're looking for ghost recon series if you want AI. the newest versions are advanced warfighter and rainbow six i believe.

If you want something with people in that environment try our pcs server with css and discover some roots of tg.

- -

Comment

There's also SWAT 4, though it's a bit old the areas are the definition of urban, obviously, and it is fairly realistic.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X