IRC Chat not Firefox Friendly?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IRC Chat not Firefox Friendly?

Been trying different solutions to getting onto gamesurge. Trillian won't do it (some inherint issue that several people are having with the latest build where trillian won't open the chat windows) So I tried the IRC CHAT java link at the top of the tac page, but it just refers me to the current page (does nothing) Is this an IE only thing? I know I have the java plugin for firefox, so I'm wondering if that link just doesn't do anything?
    I really don't want to have to go back to a 3rd party client like mIRC just for one channel.
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Re: IRC Chat not Firefox Friendly?

It doesn't work for me in IE6 under win98se, or in firefox under xandros 3.something-or-over]

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I too fail to load the IRC page using Firefox. It worked at one point in the distant past.

I use Trillian 3 Pro Build 121 and use IRC with no problem.
      Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I have never managed to get the IRC link to work with either IE or Opera but it works fine in Trillian basic for me. If you need a hand just PM me or post again here.
        Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Hmm.. It does seem to be uncooperative.. I'll look into it and get it fixed ASAP.
          Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

hmmm...didn't even notice the IRC thing. I've tried to connect with Trillian but I don't think I'm doing it correctly.

Anyone give me a quick rundown on how to connect. I used:

irc.gamesurge.net #TacticalGamer

for the server.
            |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Disregard, I figured it out. Seems to work for me in Trillian, latest build.
              |TG| HOUDINI

Comment

Hey wyz, we've got something in common... Trillian 3.1 build 121 Pro, and IRC too doesnt load in Firefox... But i wouldnt know if it ever worked, i just now tryed it for teh first time. I have that one IRC plugin that registers the IRC protocol for trillian in firefox... and that didnt fix it.
                Oyee

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X