Online Communities

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Online Communities

I am curious what online communities, other than TG, you know of.

I have a project coming up that will be looking into studying on-line communities and how they form. So what do I mean by on-line community? Any place online where people gather really. It does not have to be purely online either, just a significant part of the community involves online interactions. An example of and on/offline might be geocaching, or MeetUp which is organized online and then done offline. Some regular examples would be TG (of course), deviantART, or even facebook.

So can you all help me out and provide me with some suggestions of online communities?

Re: Online Communities

www.gamerswithjobs.com
    "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
    He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

www.AR15.com would definitely qualify. It has subforums for every state and, in Texas at least, the regulars often get together for dinner at restaurants or each others' homes.
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

http://www.usacarry.com/

One of my favorites, and where I learned that Florida non-resident permits have reciprocity in 33 states. It's the next thing on my to do list.

Comment

Awesome thanks for the suggestions

Comment

some of my currents are
            www.screamingturtles.com
            www.ninjette.org (majority of my browser time spent here)
            www.motovlog.com

Comment

Don't forget IRC. TG has an IRC channel and I hang out in a channel for my old team.

Then there's Usenet, with hundreds of groups on every possible subject. It's like forums but distributed over the entire Internet, so mostly with no moderation. (And that can be a Good Thing.) Moderation is mostly done via individual readers' "kill files". If you piss someone off, they just stop listening to you.
              Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X