Army of Two: The 40th Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Army of Two: The 40th Day

Some of you may know about this game, some not. When i got this game after hearing much about it from my friends, i expected it to be something like Call of Duty. Far from it actually, its a third person shooter based on two guys who roam throughout shanghai killing mercenaries who are bringing destruction to china. You can play solo, and the other guy will be a bot. Though i recommend playing co-op, this is not a run'n'gun game, you have to plan your strikes/attacks and work together as a team with your partner. Whats great about it is that you can get various achievements by making certain decisions during the game. Such as either killing somebody that your boss tells you to kill or... fire a random shot and call it in while you are really letting the guy go free.

I know its not your MMO game, where you can play with multiple people simultaneously... but you are paired up with somebody if you choose to play online. I play on the XBOX, so i invite one of my friends to play on XBL, we would be going against various pairs of people or what they call it "partnerships"

I choose to post this is because I felt that the TG community should know about this heavily teamwork based game.

Re: Army of Two: The 40th Day

I had no idea it was already out. I'm a total Army of Two junkie, I have played through the campaign soooo many times. the weapon customization is excellent (especially pimping your guns. Do they still let you do that?). I agree totally, Army of Two is a real diamond in the rough, I'm glad to hear someone else likes it too.
    "The enemy of my enemy is my friend."- Sun Tzu, The art of war.
    "The enemy of my enemy dies next!"- Hellface666, battlefield 2142

Comment

Yeah, you can customize your guns like you did in Army of Two. Multiple paints instead of plain old pimp. Hell, you can get your grenades encrusted with gold and diamonds. Costs $100k.

Comment

"The New Future of gurrila warfare" EAT MY DIMONDS "BOOOM" i played the demo and it was better then the first one but my bugiet is dead at the moment with i could get it but im waiting out for Mass Effect Two (BEST SCI FI RPG EVVER) but yea they have got some pretty cool stuff your can paint your guns gold or make a M4 look like a AK-47 but i thought they could have used more pistols
        <17:33:30> "siR_miLLs": i will come back for you...
        <17:33:35>"|TG| NoDebate": go
        <17:33:35> "|TG| NoDebate": go
        <17:33:35> "|TG| NoDebate": go
        <17:33:36> "|TG| NoDebate" was banned for 3000 seconds from the server by Tactical Gamer - TeamSpeak 3.0 (Anti-Spam measure, you are able to reconnect in 00:01:26)
        <17:33:36> "|TG-Ω|HeadShot": ROFL!

Comment

Its great, I love how you can have the option to equip and de-equip your silencers and scopes when you equip your primary or sidearm. What cracks me up is the blast shields that you can put on the mount of your gun! If you have XBL, we could even set up an Army of Two partnership group within the TG community if this goes far. You can customize your mask and shoulderpads and emblem to fit your style and if you go far enough, a group of a few people.

Comment

Did they improve the sound? I played through the first while deployed and was unimpressed/disappointed in the extremely generic weapon effects, especially the literal "buddabuddabuddabuddabuddabudda" of certain light machine guns and "pyootpyootpyootpyoot" of the silencers. :(

Comment

Sounds don't get better in this one. You can't even hear people talk half of the time because the music is so loud, and there is no way to lower it.

Comment

yea that is a downer, but i find that whenever you get to a cutscene in the story where it gets interesting and you want to find out more...thats when the music gets loud. Thats just in my experience playing it. I have not beaten the game yet but I hope it gets better :)

Though i have to dissagree with the sounds from the guns part, They sound alot better than the first one.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X