Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The check is in the mail

...or, rather, the CC payment is in the queue :P

I've already said hello and provided a short description of myself in the Natural Selection forums, but now that I'm a paying member, I thought I'd come meet the rest of you. Specifically, I'm looking in the general direction of the Tom Clancy-game folks. Ready to do some hand-holding for another newbie? :)

My first question is already being discussed: Raven Shield or Ghost Recon?. I'm heading to the store in a few minutes to pick up both games, but it sounds like I'll end up playing mostly GR, as that's where the people are. The rest of my day is dedicated to cutting my teeth on those, so hopefully I'll be able to jump in the server tomorrow night without making a complete fool of myself :)

Hello everyone. Glad to be here.
    "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Welcome verbose ! :D Glad to see another lost soul finally found a home :) Hope to see you in GR this evening.

I'd warn you about a few folks...but you'll get that figured out soon enough ;)....like before this thread is done...

Comment

I'll accept cheques :)

Ghost Recon, too much fun. Especially when your screen wobbles, goes black, and you have no idea why! ;)
      I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Originally posted by Bentley
        I'll accept cheques :)

Ghost Recon, too much fun. Especially when your screen wobbles, goes black, and you have no idea why! ;)
        eh? ....never had that one....how about NS....when you warp all over the place ? ;)

Comment

That would be your laggy modem :P

Or my leet Fade skills :D
          I am the one, I am the zero, I am your low resolution hero.

Comment

Right. It's the modem.

Anyway, I would recommend, verbose, that you join the TeamSpeak server and "listen in" on Ghost Recon games for at least one night before you start playing. Maybe even go spectate a few. I did this for two or three nights before I started playing, reading the SOPs while I listened to the TeamSpeak. That, combined with the extremely warm welcome you'll receive on the GR servers, and you'll find that you'll quickly be considered an equal when it comes to gameplay symantecs.

Sigh. You poor Ghost Recon players. I don't know how your server would survive if it weren't for the droves of players that our NS recruitment efforts brought you.

(*erases 0 from chalkboard, writes 1*)

Wyzcrak
            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Yeah, that Ghost Recon takes all the players away! I believe they've taken some from RvS! :D

- It's who you game with.

Comment

when the NS team gets confirmation that your payment has arrived you will recieve a reserved slot on our NS server.

Comment

Lo there

Comment

....like before this thread is done...
                    lmao!

I heard that.

Welcome aboard verbose... see ya in game :)

Comment

Verbose, it's very nice to have you here full time. I played a few games with you, and we could always use more players like you.

As for GR, I've been wanting to play recently too. I think I may start it up again. It is, however, pretty intimidating for the first time, but everyone is very friendly, and you get the hang of it pretty quick.

My only problem is I can never understand what anyone's saying due to all those british accents on the TS server. :D :D :D

Comment

Welcome to TG. I have also played a few with you, and think your a fine addition to our community. See ya in game.

A side not...I might try GR again, now that I have my new PC :)

Comment

im somewhat new to GR aswell, Lets have a NEWBIE GR night!

Comment

I'll be playing some GR in the near future. The problem is... I die and sit there for 40 minutes waiting to play again. It IS entertaining to watch, but at some point a part of me reminds the other part of me that I could be playing NS. :?

Wyzcrak
                            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak
                              I'll be playing some GR in the near future. The problem is... I die and sit there for 40 minutes waiting to play again. It IS entertaining to watch, but at some point a part of me reminds the other part of me that I could be playing NS. :?

Wyzcrak
                              Hint:

Dont die! and scout before you open fire.

Hows about WED, nov 27th we get together at around 8ish and play a few rounds together?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X