Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spartacus: Blood and Sand

Anyone watching this show?

First i'll warn you that it's very graphic but many like that and it keeps true to the history.

Very good story though thus far and just as well acted. Some pretty top notch actors and actresses. The story is very compelling and when i first saw it I thought, oh another roman show that amounts to very little. This one blew me away though and surprised me. You've got the highly toxic passion and gore thrown in for a setting that's actually being depicted very realistically as we know it today. A thracian barbarian goes against a roman commanders orders and condemns himself and his people. He gets thrown into a gladiator arena to die and through pure passion for his wife, decides he's going to kill them all and live. His passion takes down ugly alleys though and this season appears to be that journey. What happens i can't guess.
    On top of that you have a great cast going the distance and getting gritty.

Good show and i recommend a viewing for any adult who enjoys action, drama and intense scenes.

http://www.starz.com/originals/spartacus

- -

Re: spartacus blood and sand

Troublesome told me about this show, and linked me to Starz to watch the episodes online. I watched the first & second episode, and was suddenly hooked, then I had to go and DVR the third episode. Overall, I'm excited about the series, and I cannot wait to see what happens on the next episode on Friday. This show has equal amounts of gore, as it does nudity and sex scenes, its the best of both worlds.

Comment

I'm loving this show. It feels a bit like a mix between the series Rome and the movie Gladiator but with it's own style. I just hope there will be more then one season.

|TG-12th| Troublesome4u

Comment

yeah it has this way of sucking me in when i didn't even realize it. I was engrossed. Indeed good show.

- -

Comment

When I first started watching it, I kinda thought it was a total rip-off of 300's artistic style and such. But by the end of the first episode, I was hooked. Top notch show! Plus, Lucy Lawless. Gotta love it. I couldn't believe it when that guy and his wife were talking about everything going on, and while they were chatting, they were getting "prepped" by their servants. O.o
          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Oh man, what it was like to be a fluffer back then.

Comment

Great series. record every one.

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                Probably pretty gross after seeing the last episode, where the same guy gets done peeing, shakes off, and wipes his hands off on his servants back. Nasty!

Comment

Originally posted by UnDeaD77 View Post
                  lol, to be a fluffer or have a fluffer?

18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

Comment

I'd much rather have a fluffer, than be one, but hey that's just me.

Comment

anyone catch last weeks, a thing in the pit? this show blows me away. Whoever is doing it is pure genius.

- -

Comment

It was very brutal, I liked it. This weeks episode was just epic.

Comment

Excellent show. Netflix FTW!

I enjoy it, but at times it feels like a cheap Gladiator or Rome. The last couple of episodes, like the Pit one, finally have moved away from sounding just like a extended Gladiator. The ending of the Pit episode was great as I was very curious how they were going to get him out of that situation. Boss-"Sparticus,....you are cused by the gods!" Sparticus-"You will get no argument here." Great line.
                          |TG-12th| tHa_KhAn

XBL GT: Khan58

Comment

What's surprised me is how many of the characters are based on the "real" accounts we have of Spartacus. Much is still up to debate, apparently, and historians don't agree on much of Spartacus' life. Crixus, Batiatus (the ludus owner), etc. are all real historical characters. Obviously, lots of creative liberties were taken to create the show, but it's neat that you can look up many of the characters. Also, the gory and VERY graphic nature of the show is also a fairy good portrayal of how low Roman society had stooped to. GREAT show. I'm hooked.

Comment

Yes this week was epic. I'm really quite anxious to see what happens to his wife. That seems to be the crux of the show and I fear that they have to go there and when they do it will not be a good site for spartacus. Guessing from his tether to her they can't kill her or he'd just give up but they also can't giver her to him can they? Will it remain a mystery? If it does, I would be a little upset since the passion between them is so great.

I would like to see him evolve into a free gladiator that does it for glory and money with his wife but that's most likely a very fat chance. lol

- -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X