USA Vs England

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA Vs England

I know most people here think football involves standing around in body armour, picking the ball up, banging into other people and occassionally shouting "Go team!" at random intervals, but there is a chance to see some proper football this weekend. The USA is hosting England in a friendly as a warm up for the world cup qualifiers on TODAY at 8pm GMT / 3pm EST. Hopefully this will do much to aid trans-atlantic rivalry... err friendship here at TG.

It is on Sky Sports 1 for the Brits. Enjoy the footy!

Edit: d'oh its today not tomorrow. And of course we can beat the yanks. Even without Gerrard who captained that Liverpool comeback.
    Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Re: USA Vs England

Oh, sure... You guys get all fired up over that Liverpool comeback and now you think you can beat the yanks? C'mon... Get real...

BTW, it'll be broadcast live on ESPN and, if you like hearing Ole, ole, ole, oleeee, it's also live on Telemundo!
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by Wintermute
      I know most people here think football involves standing around in body armour, picking the ball up, banging into other people
      Isn't that how americans play rugby?

Root
      BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Can we reschedule this...lol. It interferes with PCS training...

Comment

Ah man that does suck. But oh well i know that England is gonna beat the socks off of USA so it's all good. Hopefully i can catch some of the match.

Comment

Soccor for the win. I have a lot of games coming up. I live in New Jersey and Giants Stadium is hosting alot of games. This week I have Columbia (go Columbia) against England followed by the metrostars against I forgot who. Then I have two semi finals for the CONCACAF cup and I get to watch the finals game. God I love soccor. I hope I get to go to the world cup in germany next year.
            RX-78-2 Gundam EFSF Protoype Close Combat Mobile Suit Armor: Luna Titanium Armament: 2x Beam Sabers, 2x 60mm Head vulcan guns 380mm Hyper bazooka, Beam Rifle, Beam Javelin, Hyper Hammer, Gundam Hammer, shield
            TG Natural Selection admin. Need anything PM me.
            7th Infantry FTW!!!!!
            "Snob? Nah...I consider myself more of a PC Evangelist...converting the heathens to The Way." Prophaniti
            "Windows is like Pokemon you gotta catch'em all." kenshinsama1

[tg-c1]

Comment

I'd rather watch tennis then soccer.

GO CHARGERS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BATMAN.
                I'd rather watch tennis then soccer.

GO CHARGERS!!!!
                How 'bout dem Padres? Huh?

Tennis over soccer? Pfftt... Maybe women's tennis, and then only 'cause they wear those short skirts...

And back to the original topic, I didn't watch it, but I guess the US just didn't kick it into overdrive quite soon enough, huh?
                Become a supporting member!
                Buy a Tactical Duck!
                Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
                  And back to the original topic, I didn't watch it, but I guess the US just didn't kick it into overdrive quite soon enough, huh?
                  Our embarrassingly bad junior B-team whupped your asses. You did play well though and deserve the goal you got having also hit the post in the first half. I think Kasey Keller would have come closer to saving that free kick in his days in the English Premiership. Richardson looks a promising player for us after he got two goals on his debut.

We are playing Columbia in an hour. I hope some of the first team get played or we will get creamed.

Talking of cream (and strawberries) Wimbeldon is coming up soon. I agree: women's tennis is a great spectator sport!
                  Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X