A game with GREAT potential, little following

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A game with GREAT potential, little following

Have y'all ever heard of the Thief series? It was made by Looking Glass Studios in the 90's, and Ion Storm made the 3rd one last year. It was the game that invented stealth. Literally. And to this day it is still one of the best stealth games out there, no exaggeration. Well, Black Cat Games, the modders that made Alien Swarm or whatever that ut2004 mod is, also made a ut 2000 mod called Thievery. It was multiplayer thief, with Thieves vs Guards, and extremely tight AI. However, because Thief itself is more undergroundish, and ut 2000 is old, it doesnt have a large following. They are making a mod called Nightblade that is basically Thievery improved + ut2004. Anyway, the amount of available and neccassary teamwork for this/these mods is excessive, and I have a feeling that if we get enough people playing, it could make a great addition to our servers.

www.thieveryut.com

Sadly, I lost my copy of ut2000 and had to format my computer, however I will look for a new copy if anyone wants to give this a shot. A clean install of UT with the 436 patch is required.

Re: A game with GREAT potential, little following

I remember hearing about this when ut2004 was new. It sounds really cool, but if they haven't come out with a beta release for ut2004 yet what do you think the chances are of it ever happening?

Comment

Thief was cool. You got to sneak around with a very intuitive system.

But then you ran into indestructible zombies that could smell you and were impossible to hide from.

Yea, so: I own both Thief's (dunno if there are more) and never paid for one of them. They came with my video cards over the years. Just like Decent, which was pretty lame once you got over the novelty of it.

Comment

Geeze I still play UT2000.... I didn't really expect it in a thread here.... I'll check it out.

Comment

3rd came out last summer. Its still very good, but its also different and not as good as the others. PRETTY though, tbs. And the zombies were destructable: fire arrows, land mines, holy arrows, holy water, and flashbangs killed them.

Anyway, last I heard Black Cat is still planning to release Nightblade. But Thieveries next patch is also close to release.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X