X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User Reputation FAQ - Discussion

Tactical Gamer
    Reputation System FAQ

The Tactical Gamer forums have a unique system for measuring a member’s “Reputation” level. This system allows for all registered members in our forums to provide feedback to other members of the community based on their forum posts.

The current reputation system has been overhauled in an effort to get people to be more responsible for the reputation points they give to other members. All reputation points are going to be set back to zero and all existing reputation comments will be erased.

From this point forward, anyone receiving reputation points will know who gave them the points, positive OR negative. The reputation system will no longer allow for anonymous changes in reputation. The reputation system has stayed the same in every other way.

When you read a post that appeals to you, a post that provides you with valuable information, or a post that you feel represents the community in a positive fashion, click on the reputation icon -> underneath the member's name in their post and provide your input. Likewise, if you are reading posts that you feel strongly against, you may opt to provide negative feedback. This system will work best if all the participants balance their reputation input and provide both negative and positive feedback across the board. This system is NOT just here to pick on the posts you don’t like. Positive input is always valuable to the poster.

When viewing the forums you will notice small green, grey or red “bubbles” under the poster’s name right below their post counts. This is a visual representation of their current reputation standing. Green bubbles () indicate a positive reputation, grey bubbles () indicate a neutral reputation, and red bubbles () indicate a negative reputation. Up to 5 normal and 5 bright green or red bubbles may appear depending on how many reputation points have been awarded or subtracted for that member.

The reputation system can be a valuable tool that gives new members a concept of the excellence and contribution of others within the community, as well as provide feedback to show you what type of posts don’t go over very well amongst your peers or what posts are appreciated. Tactical Gamer does NOT expect any immature posts to be made in retaliation for negative reputation. Likewise, realize that if you give negative rep that you are dealing with another person that may respond. This is a mature community and we do not expect any problems or abuse of this system.

We thank you for your honest, fair, and balanced participation in this program.
    Last edited by Apophis; 12-05-2005, 08:48 PM.
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: User Reputation FAQ - Discussion

These improvements sound like they'll make the reputation system a bit more valuable than before. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by IceCold
      These improvements sound like they'll make the reputation system a bit more valuable than before. Thanks!
      That's what we're hoping for. I can't stress enough that members should give both positive AND negative reputation. With everything that our members do that is positive for the community, they certainly deserve some rep for it! So feel free to spread it around!

The next step is a faq on the "Rate Thread" functionality.. :-)

Comment

I have 11 points. Is there a default number you get or something, or do more people love me that hate me? :)

Comment

You get 10 points to start with.

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis
            You get 10 points to start with.
            Kark you know nobody loves you. The 11th point is probably a glitch in the system :icon_razz

Root
            BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Or maybe I registered as someone else and gave myself a point when I pointed out your miswording of Dragonwolfs internet problems o_0

Comment

Hey, is there a quicklink to check where and why you got a point? Hunting through all my *looks to the left* 373+1 posts doesnt seem like much fun... >_>

I got rep for 2 above this post, but all I see is a green dot and a heart (<3)

Comment

Originally posted by Karkianman101
                  Hey, is there a quicklink to check where and why you got a point? Hunting through all my *looks to the left* 373+1 posts doesnt seem like much fun... >_>

I got rep for 2 above this post, but all I see is a green dot and a heart (<3)
                  Go to your User CP clicking on the link in the navigation bar above and it's on the main page.

Comment

The cloud clears :)

But my CP only tells me 2 of the apparently 10 points I've recieved :P
                    And Wyzcrak? j00 |2 p|2![31355!!!11

Comment

The cloud clears :)

But my CP only tells me 2 of the apparently 10 points I've recieved :P
                      And Wyzcrak? j00 |2 p|2![31355!!!11
                      How are you determining this? The User CP shouldn't list how many points you recieved or were taken away for any reputation change. It should only show you a positive, neutral or negative bubble.

Comment

If I click on my own scale, it tells me how many points I have. And for my user CP, it has "Latest Rep Points" section, with 2 links in it.

EDIT: Unless multiple points can be given for 1 post?

Comment

Unless multiple points can be given for 1 post?
                          I think that rep points are weighted so that someone with a really good reputation has more influence (points) when giving out rep points than someone with a bad reputation.

Comment

Keep in mind that you get 10 points for free.
                            Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

You get 10 points for free off the bat. All rep changes are not equal and are NOT for 1 point each. The higher someone's reputation becomes, the more reputation altering power they have on others. Positive reputation and negative reputation are also NOT equal. Don't make the assumption that one vote equals one point. I think that's where you are confusing yourself.

If I give someone positive rep they get a +10 point boost. On the other hand, If I give them negative rep they only get a -4 or -5 point drop.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X