Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ladies and Gentlemen, The Valve MOD Community Proudly Presents:Dystopia (Half Life 2)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladies and Gentlemen, The Valve MOD Community Proudly Presents:Dystopia (Half Life 2)

I present to you a game that not only has tremendous tactical teamplay but just simply looks cool. From the minds of a group of extrordinarily talented cyberpunk fanatics comes a virtual and real world combat game set in the world at the later half of our century, a Dystopia. I present to you a video of possibly the next biggest leap in Half Life MODing since Natural-Selection for the Half Life 1 Engine.

This is all ingame footage (still in development, you may find that hard to believe though)

http://www.flapdoodle.org/freddie/dystopia_teaser.zip

Once you have changed your pants, please continue to their website
    www.dystopia-mod.com

I hope everyone enjoys it...but I know everyone will :).

(I think people like DON.MAC, j and al will particularly like this concept...I should have told them about it a while back...but I'm lazy :D)
    -Zephyr
    You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

Everyone should be assumed mature until proven otherwise.

We are no clan.
    We are not a single game.
    We are mature, intelligent, and cooperative individuals.
    We are TacticalGamer, a community above and beyond its name.

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, The Valve MOD Community Proudly Presents:Dystopia (Half Life 2)

Hmmm, well the trailer is certainly less than impressive, but the concept sounds cool! Is there a beta that you're playing or something? You seem very excited about this mod.
    Become a supporting member!
    Buy a Tactical Duck!
    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, The Valve MOD Community Proudly Presents:Dystopia (Half Lif

btw, www.halflife2.net is a great place to read about mod news.

drew

Comment

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, The Valve MOD Community Proudly Presents:Dystopia (Half Lif

It is in Alpha testing, which I hear is more stable than the current Plan of Attack (another popular MOD) betas. The public beta is set to be released soon. I think that the trailer is just a nice way to get the feel, you should go look around the site and gather information. Once you have an idea of things like camoflauge, vehicles and jump modules you'll begin to see how the combat will be crazy. Also you may have noticed some cyberspace shots...though they didnt show any gameplay I've heard its like being a skulk in NS except you have guns and can manipulate consoles (like doors) in the real world. This lets you open doors for your allies...or smash them on your enemies...
        The sheer amount of things that they are planning to do with this are not able to be put in that trailer. Besides it is a MOD under development and the trailer is just a nice little goody to keep peoples interest. Think of it as part-CS, part-NS, part-cyberpunk.

-Zephyr
        You were once like the newbie who needed a hand from above and TacticalGamer gave you it.

You owe the newbie who comes after you that same outstretched hand from above on your honor as a Tactical Gamer.

Tactics at TG come from trust and friendship, not meticulous detail and rigid discipline.

We are no clan.

Comment

I read "Cyberpunk" and I HAVE to see this NOW.

*gets*

Comment

OH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD

OH MY GOD

READ MY LIPS HOLY **** SKJFKSDFJKSJE

AMAZING.

It will be mine. It's ****ing SHADOWRUN in tactical online form. ALL OF US MUST GET IT.

Comment

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, The Valve MOD Community Proudly Presents:Dystopia (Half Life 2)

What azzman said... Thats why im getting a new computer.
              Oyee

Comment

DaaDaa
                Team Dystopia

Moddb Votes: 17
                vote here

Kills: 32
                Deaths: 47
                Obj Complete: 0
                Headshots: 4
                Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:40 pm Post subject:

the demo will be yes, the final i think is gonna be charged tho best to let fuzzy confirm that for you

Better be as good if they are charging for it

Comment

This great looking mod is set for a September 9th release date. Hot.

drew_952

Comment

From what I've heard this is like CS plus Deus Ex with a touch of System Shock, and a pinch of TRON.

Comment

Soonnn... so sooonnnnnnnn

Comment

Available @ Fileplanet now.
                        RAWGRLRLRLRRLGLRL!!!

Nations are like individuals: they achieve more when they plan to plant a tiny tree, and do it, than when they propose to raise an entire forest and then fall asleep in the furrows.

I AM socializing artard, I'm logged on to an MMORPG with people from all over the world and getting XP with my party using Teamspeak

Comment

Woo thread revival for the win! MUST PLAY DYSTOPIA AGH!
                          -Zephyr

We are no clan.

Comment

old!! Ive played it a total of like 6 hours already!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X