need some information..

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need some information..

Well, I dont need the information, but I am asking on my girlfriend's behalf (some else I got new while I was away).

She wants to start your own small little internet business (selling shirts and dresses, all hand made stuff). But she has no idea where to go for information about various things. She wants to use paypal for the money transfers, but it seems that paypal is kinda raping you (30 cents on a dollar, and then a 2.9% fee on top of that).

Does any body know where she can get some information on this?

thanks guys.

Re: need some information..

Many hosting companies have things for internet startups like that. GoDaddy's seems pretty reasonable, though I've never used it. Doesn't stop them from sending me ads though (they're my webhost/registrar).

There's a fair number of commerce sites that are nothing but a gussied-up Yahoo Store as well. If volume alone is an indication, it can't be that hard to set up.

And congrats on getting the girlfriend. I'd make a joke about how I owe someone five dollars for a bet, but no one took that side of the bet. :)
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Hey godaddy's has to be doing pretty good if they can afford a commertial... Anywho, my mom tryed to get into something like that, but it wasnt cost effective so she didnt try.
      Oyee

Comment

My folks use paypal and credit cards (MC) to run their Antique/Auction business....for what they sell, they can push the charges back on the customer without much of a squable, but I'm guessing that your wife cannot.

The problem is, paypal is about on par with credit card charges. .30 on the dollar + 2.9%? What's left for you?

Comment

What about trying an eBay store?

Comment

She doesnt really trust ebay.

I will suggest the godaddy thing to her tonight.

thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by micr0c0sm
              What about trying an eBay store?
              Ebay owns paypal.

Comment

Those PayPal fees are not correct. It's not $.30 on the dollar transaction fees. PayPal is very similar to normal merchant account fees but without a lot of the hassle in setting up the merchant account.

You could also check out MonsterCommerce.com, they have some decent packages as well.
                Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X