No announcement yet.

Steam coming to Macs?

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steam coming to Macs?

So some gaming/Mac websites got sent some pictures, referencing Steam, Valve games and Macs. 5 are known so far, each has six grey dots at the bottom (like on an iPhone or iPod touch) with one dot coloured black, suggesting that there are 6 images in the set. A note was also sent along with the images, saying "In anticipation of an upcoming announcement from Valve."
    Here are the links for the 5 websites so far, I won't embed the pictures because they are fairly large (except one which I will post because it's awesome):

What can it mean? We'll probably find out more at GDC in a week and a bit. For now, speculate away, but be prepared to look silly when Valve announce what it actually is.
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Re: Steam coming to Macs?

I guess with their recent release of Steam Beta they've removed their dependency on Internet Explorer as they're now using WebKit. It's a possibility.

In Order to Dance

Whats funny about the TF2/Portal turret picture (inferring that the better looking portal turret is a mac) is that the portal turrets are killed in about half a second and with 0 effort, whereas TF2 turrets have been known to nuke entire teams. So regardless of being uglier, I think I'd rather be a PC if thats the reference.

its only coming to the ipad and will require Wifi - sarcasm
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed