• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MAVAV ... Just WoW :/

http://www.mavav.org/

Read, Discus.

Im starting a new organization...

MAMT. (Mothers against masterbating teens). No really. What is next? Video gaming should be regulated by the parents, like tv. It is pretty darn easy to just pull a kid off a pc/console. Putting blame soley in the hands of video games is like saying "its fires fault for burning me, not because I stuck my hand in the flame but because it is evil". But I digress, alot of my viewpoints are stereotypical and there are probably real(rare) cases where video games do cause severe damage... but then again so does chafing oneself privately in the bathroom.

Its strange... but this topic burns[pun] me more then any other politcal debate.

Id like to know their sources for the facts posted on their webpage.

Man, seriously, how bout I go register mamavav.com right now, can I get some free hosting Apo? Parents, care to chime in?
    USAR

Re: MAVAV ... Just WoW :/

Yeah someone posted that link a while back. I took the time to read everything on their site, and then sent them a very lengthy, educated, and factual email that explained how completely wrong a lot of their comments are.

My favourite was the bit about bad grades except in computing. I took great delight in telling them that I was a hard core gamer when I was at school (where every spare minute was spent in the music room), and when I used to mis-spend my time doing things like camping, canoeing, abseiling and other works of satan. The icing on the cake was telling them how I failed my a level computing (grade D) whilst passing my a level business management (grade B), and all this time I was a hard core gamer.

They still haven't responded, which suggests to me that this is a handful of losers with nothing better to do than stir up trouble without checking their facts first.

Oh and columbine? Since when were computer games involved? I've only ever heard that one blamed on the fact that the psychos involved were goths,(which this site *did* previously claim) to which I must say - THEY WERE NOT FRIKKIN' GOTHS. I'VE LIVED WITH A GOTH, I UNDERSTAND MORE ABOUT GOTH THAN MOST GOTHS AND IT REALLY BUGS ME TO THE POINT WHERE I START SHOUTING AND LEAVING OUT PUNCTUATION WHEN IDIOTS WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT USE THE WORD GOTH.

These idiots (like so many other idiots) make that claim, which just goes to show how little effort has gone in to fact checking. Perhaps the pentagon should write them a letter, formally telling them that Americas armed forces will no longer provide any form of protection to the idiots running this idiot site. Then they might reconsider their comments about americas army being a killing simulator. I hope every one of the mums involved ends up having to watch their kids graduate from west point. How ironic would that be? ;)

Root
    BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

http://a.parsons.edu/~dyoo/2002-3/interactivity/mavav/

bamboozled! I feel relieved and a little dirty.
      USAR

Comment

Originally posted by squeak
        http://a.parsons.edu/~dyoo/2002-3/interactivity/mavav/

bamboozled! I feel relieved and a little dirty.
        Nice find squeak.

Root
        BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

Originally posted by Root
          Oh and columbine? Since when were computer games involved? I've only ever heard that one blamed on the fact that the psychos involved were goths,(which this site *did* previously claim) to which I must say - THEY WERE NOT FRIKKIN' GOTHS. I'VE LIVED WITH A GOTH, I UNDERSTAND MORE ABOUT GOTH THAN MOST GOTHS AND IT REALLY BUGS ME TO THE POINT WHERE I START SHOUTING AND LEAVING OUT PUNCTUATION WHEN IDIOTS WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY'RE TALKING ABOUT USE THE WORD GOTH.
          Root
          I donít care if this was a hoax, Root put some good comments in there about "Goths," people always misunderstand these "types" of people. They are really just like everyone else but they believe a different way. I myself am friends with many of these kinds of people, and I guess you could say I am an atheist too so how about that? lol...that was fun...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X