Real world tactics article

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real world tactics article

Just sharing a link to an article I wrote with some of the people who have the same interest. Most of you may already know, all, some, or none of this stuff... but if you have no real word experience in land tactics, you might get something out of the article, or not. lol.

http://www.simhq.com/_land/fps_021a.html
    Magnum |TG-18th|

We stand between chaos and order, evil and good, despair and hope - we are the Thin Blue Line, and we will never be broken.

Re: Real world tactics article

Nice write up there Magnum! And great screenies from all my favorite games. Now how am I supposed to work on a Monday?!
    New to TG?

Comment

Gonna sticky this, at least for a while, so everyone here sees it!
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

That was a really good article.
        Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter.
        Ernest Hemingway, "On the Blue Water," Esquire, April 1936

Comment

Good stuff, nicked it and posted it on our forum. 8)
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Damn nice little article.

I played the SWAT4 demo. It was a nice change of pace to try. I enjoyed the play style but I must admit I have grown to have a real pet peeve about crosshairs in FPS games and found the weapon aiming to be so slow to bring up as to be useless in game. This game would be so much better if it had proper iron sight aiming. </mini-rant> I haven't bought it but it'd probably be great for co-op play with folks that know tactics (or read your article).

I've been playing AA on your new server for a few days now. Had some really good/fun games (as well as some very frustrating ones... but then, I get frustrated too easilly) hence my signing up here.

I'm too used to playing AA on various pub/clan servers where you have to play the best you can since there's usually not much coordination. The running off rambo style you mentioned... When I know a map I tend to run off to do what I know how to ASAP (bad habit, but it's what you[I] end up doing on random servers). I look forward to seeing what you discussed played out on the TG server.

P.S. I'm pretty new to AA. I've only been playing it off and on for about 2-3 months. My previous most played FPS was Red Orchestra (realistic UT2K4 WWII eastern front mod). A game that requiers good teamwork and coordination to do well not to mention keeping your head down.
            --
            Life Sucks! Then You DIE!!!

Comment

Nice article. Thanks for the good read.

Comment

that was a good read, awsome job, i really need to brush up on my military tactics and terminology

AKA TG Xink | http://www.andy-hook.co.uk

Comment

Unstuck. Gonna have to bump it to keep it at the top now...
                  Become a supporting member!
                  Buy a Tactical Duck!
                  Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                  TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X