Internet LAN? YES!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internet LAN? YES!

While trying to start an Online game of Silent Hunter 5 with ACOGrecon tonight, we ran into alot of trouble trying to connect to each others game. This lead to about an hour of the Google and we came across this neat little program. Basically, it allows you to set up a LAN online with the internet as your Hub.

So if any of you want to relive your LAN days and have fun like you used to with the games of old, or you have trouble with setting up an online game you should check this out. Its free to download and use.

What is Tunngle?
    Tunngle is a revolutionary peer to peer VPN solution that delivers the best online entertainment experience. What is so special about Tunngle?

Tunngle connects
    Skip the troubleshooting work and focus on the entertainment. Tunngle virtual networks are the ideal place to play PC games with your friends over the internet, while enjoying all the commodities of a Local Area Network party.
    Making new friends is easy: enjoy some relaxed talk in the Tunngle lobby or jump into some game network and start playing. Having fun together is always the best way to make new friends.
    Of course, if you love discretion, you can also enjoy private direct chats with your friends after or before playing some game.
    Tunngle Download

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Internet LAN? YES!

There's also Hamachi.

Comment

I thought everyone already had Hamachi...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by cingularduality View Post
        i thought everyone already had hamachi...
        qft

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality View Post
          I thought everyone already had Hamachi...
          Where the heck where all of you smart people when we had our connection problems? lol.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

dredge your so behind in the times :P

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
            So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Thanks to OP (remember when OP referred to a specific person around here?....)

I've never heard of Tunngle, but a quick Google search revealed a page that compares Hamachi to Tunngle. If it's accurate, I wouldn't rule out Tunngle without trying it.

It's been a long time since I tried Hamachi for a game, and I recall being underwhelmed and disappointed. It will likely be a long time before I need this functionality, but I want it to work when that time comes, without hassle, and I'll certainly remember this thread. Thank you for sharing (even if Tunngle turns out to be a waste of time).
              Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

I have a person using hamachi as a glorified dropbox/remote access. I couldn't beleive it. She was a 70 year old church secretary lol. My only experience with hamachi was other people wanting to play cracked online games on private servers.

Comment

I rank Tunngle over Hamachi. Simply because Hamachi wouldn't work no matter what I did, I could ping everyone, everything, but it just wouldn't work.

Tunngle on the other hand worked like a charm, same thing goes for Garena (same thing here, maybe even more user friendly but supports only a few games).
                  ˝Memento audere semper˝

Comment

Originally posted by Wyzcrak View Post
                    It's been a long time since I tried Hamachi for a game, and I recall being underwhelmed and disappointed. It will likely be a long time before I need this functionality, but I want it to work when that time comes, without hassle, and I'll certainly remember this thread. Thank you for sharing (even if Tunngle turns out to be a waste of time).
                    Last time I used Hamachi was to play Starcraft with you! I remember it working like a charm for some, and being frustrating for others. I remember playing some very fun games, though...
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X