Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you watch TV and the Internet together?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you watch TV and the Internet together?

My computer and TV are in different rooms, but I tend to watch things that take a degree of concentration anyway, and I can't imagine stopping to tweet someone on what's happening as I watch.
    Dude, seriously, WHAT handkerchief?

snooggums' density principal: "The more dense a population, the more dense a population."

Iliana: "You're a great friend but if we're ever chased by zombies I'm tripping you."

Re: Do you watch TV and the Internet together?

My PC monitor and TV are literally inches apart so yes, very much so.

Comment

Depends on which computer I'm on. If I'm on the laptop, then yes, I watch tv while browsing the internet (i'm watching Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives as I type this, and the taco salad this dude just made looks awesome). If I'm on the desktop, no, because my gigantic HDTV doubles as my monitor. Playing PR when the people are almost 4 feet tall is quite cool. I do, however, multitask even while on the internet. I'm often playing PR on the desktop and browsing the forums/interwebs on the laptop during downtime.

Plus, with the advent of DVR and the ability to pause/rewind/ff TV, its not like you miss anything anyway.

Comment

No, the TV is downstairs and my PC is upstairs (I don't have a laptop so I can't use it on the sofa). I don't watch much TV anyway though.
        |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
        Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I'm with you. My tv is downstairs, my computer upstairs. I hardly watch my tv either. If I am, my male brain only allows me to concentrate on one thing at a time anyway.
          "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

i tend to watch all my shows online. rarely watch tv.

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
              i tend to watch all my shows online. rarely watch tv.
              Ditto. Especially with the advent of Netflix online and Hulu! Saves a ton on cable bills! I only pay for internet. I use my tv downstairs mostly for just for movies and playing PS3/Wii.
              "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

Simple answer: No

My monitor used to be my TV, then I quit watching TV and got a new graphics card capable of 19201200 resolution and decided to give my TV a try (can only do 1440x900 but still much better than 1280x760). So as it stands I don't have a TV in my room. Someone just moved in with us and we have now have a 52" 1080p Sony Bravia TV in the living room and I still have not watched TV.

I have watched MAYBE 5 hours over the past 3-4 months of TV. I don't miss a thing from it either. Once they took away my free HD discovery and animal planet channels I quit watching TV. When I do watch TV I check CET (PBS) and CSPAN (to see how bad the politicians are messing things up) to see what they have to offer. Everything else I can get from Hulu (Scrubs, Daily show and The office us/uk).

On a side note: Fox news is horrible, do yourself (and the world) a favor and don't watch them.

Comment

I should note that I don't watch TV and the internet at the same time if it's something I care about seeing I.E. Mythbusters, Top Gear etc.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X