Other webites like www.shayanashop.com

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other webites like www.shayanashop.com

Hi guys, would you guys know of other online shops like http://www.shayanashop.com/ ?

Re: Other webites like www.shayanashop.com

yeah this one http://www.justice.gov/dea/index.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Boondocksaint View Post
      +1 They have some good stuff. Like this: http://www.justthinktwice.com/
      |TG|Ghost02
      TG Pathfinder

"I travel alone through the valley of the shadow of death, yet in my heart I carry no fear, for Gods hands will guide me to Truth and Honor."

Comment

Yes i understand your concern, i am basically looking for herbal medicine to help me lose weight. I am down 30 pounds, and could use some help to curb some urges to eat that i sometimes get. I need to lose another 40 pounds.

Comment

If your looking for weight loss drugs, you should probably consult a doctor. Messing around with herbal medication is not a real smart thing to do.

Comment

Yeah maybe you're right. I have a few activities planned with my brother this summer and need to be fit enough to do them. (Ex: spearfishing) I don't know how much physical activity is required for speafishing, but I would like to be slim enough to not get a heart attack from the cold water.

Comment

http://www.gnc.com/home/index.jsp lol I have been a cop for a long time so sorry if I don't believe the herbal med thing lol go to a doctor man if you need to lose wait and RUN RUN RUN, best advice ever, lots of cardio

Comment

Originally posted by joey View Post
                but I would like to be slim enough to not get a heart attack from the cold water.
                hey Joey, If you have to go in cold water try to hold something cold in your mouth for sometime in beginning, you will be surprised that the cold water won't feel that cold. I tried it several time and it worked (most of times I held ice in my mouth, but beware if its ice cube or something solid you may choke yourself, best thing is cold water) :)

My active Battlefield 2142 id : headqd1

Remember " The strong one doesn't always win, but the one who wins is strong"... The Emperor, 4 7 16

Comment

If you are going to do cardio and lots of it you need to do low impact cardio (speaking from a professional medical stand point) this way you still get your heart rate up and burn fat but you wont have to sacrifice your knees for it. Its still good to go out and run but you just need to be carefull about it. Dont run too much and on very hard surfaces. Your knees ankles and back will thank you for it later on down the road.

Being slim will actually not help with the cold. Your fat cells will act like insulation to retain more core heat. But a healthy heart and good blood flow will def. go a long way

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                    If you are going to do cardio and lots of it you need to do low impact cardio (speaking from a professional medical stand point) this way you still get your heart rate up and burn fat but you wont have to sacrifice your knees for it. Its still good to go out and run but you just need to be carefull about it. Dont run too much and on very hard surfaces. Your knees ankles and back will thank you for it later on down the road.

Being slim will actually not help with the cold. Your fat cells will act like insulation to retain more core heat. But a healthy heart and good blood flow will def. go a long way
                    Agreed, there are alot of ways to get thin or to lose weight, but one of the best ways is to get your heartrate into its target area and keep it there for half an hour. Eating right and in the right portions is the other way. Eat four to five meals a day. Small portions for each meal, than you would normally for a two to three meal a day regiment. The idea is that it tricks the bocy into thinking that your not able to have food readily available, and kicks up your metabolism. I use this with soldiers that are over weight and have had great success. Your not starving the person at all, just not feeling stuffed after each meal. You eat just enough to keep you going to the next meal.

To get target heart rate use this:
                    220 - 23 (age) = 197
                    197 - 65 (resting heart rate) = 132
                    132 * 65% (low end of heart rate) OR 85% (high end) = 85.8 OR 112.2
                    85.8 + 65 (resting heart rate) = 150 112.2 + 65 (rhr) = 177
                    The target heart rate zone for this person would be 150 to 177

Be VERY careful with "nutrients" or other suppliments you find ANYWHERE. They are not regulated(atleast not here in the US).

|TG-IRR|

Comment

I'm going out for a walk now, since i over snacked. It will most likely rain (a storm is coming) , but i'm going anyways. 2 hours of boring walking, and seeing the same stuff over and over again.

Comment

As a nurse and competitive racer (anything from 5k to triathlons and beyond...anyone in colorado interested in doing the warrior dash with me this fall?), I can offer you some advice.
                        Nutrition
                        Eat healthy. This doesnt mean you have to cut out snacks and fatty foods altogether. Quite the opposite. Your body NEEDS fat intake. It NEEDS calories. But you can get these things in moderation while eating a good diet. Some basic tips:
                        -vegetables are good, but they're not the cure-all. you're not going to lose weight by only eating salads.
                        -keep a rounded diet. include vegetables, meats and grains. this will keep your body functioning as it should. you'll get vitamins to boost your immune system and bodily processes, you'll get protein to build and replenish musculature, and you'll get carbohydrates for energy.
                        -snacking is ok in moderation. try and keep it healthy though. things like granola bars, trail mix, fruit, nuts are all good ways to go. but like i said, MODERATION. the more you snack, the more your body has to process and it can turn into a digestive traffic jam, meaning that you cant do enough exercise to burn it off.
                        -avoid soda. drink water, juice (from concentrate is fine), tea, etc.
                        -herbal medicine is crap. I worked at GNC for a long time in my younger days and I can tell you that 99.9% of the stuff they tell you about "herbal weight loss" is crap and purely pitched to you to sell product. hand-to-god, the only thing you need to take on a daily basis without a prescription is a daily multivitamin. GNC's multivitamin (mega men) is a very good one, but its expensive. Centrum or One-A-Day is just as good and much cheaper.

Exercise
                        What Dredge said is exactly right. Do low-impact cardio. The more your heart rate stays up, the more you'll burn. Things like stationary bikes and elliptical machines are great if you have a gym available. avoid treadmills LIKE THE PLAGUE. if you prefer outdoor cardio, swimming is excellent. running is the best, but again, as dredge said you have to be careful and do it smartly.
                        -General rule of thumb: 30+ minutes of high cardio will do you a lot of good. Anything less and you may as well have just walked to the fridge.
                        -Running tips: NEVER EVER EVER run on concrete sidewalks. If you have no alternative, running on asphalt roads is fine. Grass and dirt are optimal. Make sure you stretch EVERYTHING. A good stretch before a run should take you at least ten minutes. Improper stretching WILL lead to shin splints, and as anyone who has ever experienced them will tell you, thats a condition you dont want to run into.
                        -Make sure your shoes fit properly and account for any stride or pronating issues you might have. If you're not sure if you have any, go to a REAL athletic shoe store (NOT FOOT LOCKER OR CHAMPS) and have them analyze your stride and check for overpronating and underpronating. These things, if left undiagnosed, can cause you serious knee and muscle problems. Never put more than 300-400 miles on a pair of shoes before getting new ones. You should never wear a pair of athletic shoes to the point where the tread wears off. With the exception of being ridiculously dirty, every pair of shoes i've ever owned looks like they're no more than a month or two out of the box, which is generally true, considering I run between 5 and 20 miles a day.
                        -Dont overexert yourself. It's natural to start feeling tired during cardio. This is a phenomenon known as "hitting the wall". You CAN push beyond it and get a very nice second wind, but its a mental thing to do so. However, there is a difference between pushing through the wall and being overexerted. Key rule: if you feel like something is wrong, STOP.
                        -Goals, goals, goals! Make yourself a schedule and stick to it! Increase the length and intensity of your workouts gradually over time and you'll find that you have greater amounts of energy and are losing weight like gangbusters. Schedule your workouts at the same time every day and stick to it. After a week or so, your body will begin to anticipate your workouts and put itself into "burn mode" and will begin to burn fat at an exponentially faster rate. The "i'm just going to go work out when i feel like it" routine is the surest way to get nowhere with your goal.

Losing weight is tough. Keeping it off requires constant maintenance. If you have any more questions, feel free to PM me.

Comment

Ferris, can you explain why treadmills are bad? I typically go for the elliptical trainers, but sometimes I have to settle for a treadmill. Would it be better to just jog around the basketball courts?

Comment

Absolutely. Treadmills are a two pronged baddie:
                            -They are reinforced on the sides for stability and allow very little for control over running speed. I.E. if you need to stop quickly, you either have to hop off the treadmill and deal with momentum shift, which can damage your lower back, or slow down gradually at the pace the treadmill allows, which may not be ideal.
                            -The center of the treadmill isnt reinforced as much and has bounce, which is bad for your knees. It's equivalent to running on concrete laid on top of a moon bounce. You knees can take permanent damage from it.

However, walking on a treadmill is fine if thats your speed because theres little to no vertical motion with walking.
                            As far as the basketball courts, if there's grass or dirt, definitely. If not and the courts are either clay or asphalt based, then its fine. If they're concrete courts, avoid them.

Comment

The basketball courts in the school gym have wooden flooring and are on the second floor. I'm not sure what's under the flooring though.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X