Anyone here do a martial art

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here do a martial art

I'll be testing for my master's (4th degree black belt) in Tae Kwon Do right after this summer, and i'm curious if anyone else has trained in some form of martial arts to large extent.

I've been doing Tae Kwon Do for 10 years, Hap Ki Do for 6, Judo for 4, Jujitsu for 3, Boxing/Kickboxing and MMA for 3 years as well. My teacher has taught 7 people up to masters and was taught by Master Kim (the current Grand Master of TKD).
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: Anyone here do a martial art

I have a 1st degree black belt in Tae Kwon Do. I did it for around 9 years until my life became a bit to busy to do it.

Comment

i train mma once in a while when i get the time... hardest sport ever if u ask me. dont fight, i just train cuz well my work rly dsnt allow me to come to work with a bruised eye

Comment

Blue belt in Goju-Ryu Karate (5 years) in Canada and then my belt was honoured by the Tae Kwon Do academy I started attending in US when I moved there in 2005. Got my 1st degree black belt in January of 2008. Had to stop when I moved to Ottawa to begin university.

Comment

Pretty much the same story as DrBeat. I did Tae Kwon Do when I was young until I had a 1st Degree Black Belt, and I stopped due to time restraints. I have not gotten into it since then, but I would like to as it was a great experience and the Instructor (Master, 7th Degree back then) really managed to get me interested.

Former TG-21st
          Swift Mobile On Target

Comment

Originally posted by Kwalc View Post
            i train mma once in a while when i get the time... hardest sport ever if u ask me. dont fight, i just train cuz well my work rly dsnt allow me to come to work with a bruised eye
            Yeah, although i've been doing it for a few years, people have asked why i havent come to school with a lot of bruises. Mainly because i guard my face and they can't see the rest of my body.
            |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir-Nerd View Post
              Yeah, although i've been doing it for a few years, people have asked why i havent come to school with a lot of bruises. Mainly because i guard my face and they can't see the rest of my body.
              Ah yes. That reminds me of a time when I was 14, I fell onto an icy patch head first walking to school. When I got there I was sent to the hospital to get 8 stiches above my left eye. Didn't stop me form attending karate classes...I just had to make sure to tell my sparring partners to not hit the face for a while :D Not that I stopped defending myself even if they did accidentally try to punch me there/.

Comment

Originally posted by FL1Pmode View Post
                Ah yes. That reminds me of a time when I was 14, I fell onto an icy patch head first walking to school. When I got there I was sent to the hospital to get 8 stiches above my left eye. Didn't stop me form attending karate classes...I just had to make sure to tell my sparring partners to not hit the face for a while :D Not that I stopped defending myself even if they did accidentally try to punch me there/.
                I did a similar thing, but instead I tore my heel open on a sharp edge on a pool ladder; 7 stitches. I just couldn't put shoes on, didn't hurt karate though! I just couldn't put on my right-foot sparring gear or kick with the leg.

Comment

Be doing martial arts for 6 years. 3 in Kempo and 3 in Ko Sutemi Seiei Kan. Not a stickin black belt in either one. You'd think after 6 years. :D To be honest, I had a 4 year break in between so I've been around it for 10 years, but 6 active ones.

But really, I'm close. I have a 2nd Kyu Brown test coming in 2 weeks then just one more test. The big one this test is another endurance test which is sparring with you vs anywhere from 2-5 others. Very cardio intensive. But fun. I teach in our classes as well. One of my favorite parts.

Comment

I am a martial artist with both the rifle and pistol.
                    Become a supporting member!
                    Buy a Tactical Duck!
                    Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                    TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I am black leather belt 4th hole in life.

On a more on-topic note, I took Karate for about 7-8 years, some Aikido, green belt in Iaido and some Kobudo.
                      |TG-Irr| D_Ronin
                      sigpic
                      "As the storm gathers, some run from the clouds in fear...Others prepare for the rain."

Comment

I practiced Tae Kwon Do on and off for about 10 years (WTF & ITF). Dabbled at Aikido, Kung-fu, and more recently Kendo. But that's been on standby for awhile.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

I know kick your ass style, that's about it.

Really though, I did Tae Kwon Do when I was younger, but refused to take my test in front of people, so I quit, I should of been a orange belt, lol.

Comment

It's not exactly a martial art but I've trained in Krav Maga for a while now.
                            Home/Gaming PC: [email protected]/Asus Rog Maximus VIII Formula/EVGA GTX 1080 SC/Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)/Corsair Carbide Quiet 600Q/Corsair RM750i/Acer XB270H 27"/BenQ G2400W 24"/Sound BVlaster ZX/Samsung 850 Pro SSDs x2/Samsung 950 Pro x1/Win10 Pro 64bit/Saitek X52/TrackIR3: Pro-TrackClip Pro/

Comment

Krav Maga is a martial art.

I studied Akido but not for too long due to scheduling conflicts back in college. Although I learned a great deal about tumbling, balance and falling safely I had the most trouble with continuous tumbling as I get dizzy easily when doing somersaults, which are fairly important in advancing in Akido. Although I have not returned I plan on enrolling my daughter in some type when she is old enough to learn confidence, get some energy out and respect for those more knowledgeable, which is my favorite part about most martial art schools.
                              |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X