Mosquito Traps?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mosquito Traps?

We were looking at getting one of those propane-powered mosquito-trap things. Anyone here use them or have an opinion on them? It's so hard to tell from online research what's good and bad. For every glowing 5-star review, there's a 1-star rant.

We only have about 1/2 acre of land, and we're not near any standing water, so it's not real bad. I don't get bit much at all, but the rest of the fam must have some sweet sweet blood, cause they chewed up pretty good.

so uh... yeah, what?

Re: Mosquito Traps?

I haven't heard anything one way or another but my wife is the one they like in my family so I try to take here with me when I go outside.
    The Old Guy
    kin3
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kin3 View Post
      I haven't heard anything one way or another but my wife is the one they like in my family so I try to take here with me when I go outside.
      Haha. That's awesome.
      "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I have been to a couple of houses that use them and they seemed pretty effective. I discussed them with one owner and they said placement is everything. You can't place them close to where you will be hanging out. They need to be a certain distance away otherwise they will still find you. So if you have small yard they don't work and can even make things worse. Everything I have read says that they are most effective if there is a general source of the mosquitoes. One of the families actually had two because they where surrounded by woods.

You don't need much standing water. A single tree can have several breading grounds due to water in nooks and cranys.
        Iím not racists, I have republican friends. Radio show host.
        - "The essence of tyranny is the denial of complexity". -Jacob Burkhardt
        - "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds" - Emerson
        - "People should not be afraid of it's government, government should be afraid of it's People." - Line from V for Vendetta
        - If software were as unreliable as economic theory, there wouldn't be a plane made of anything other than paper that could get off the ground. Jim Fawcette
        - "Let me now state what seems to me the decisive objection to any conservatism which deserves to be called such. It is that by its very nature it cannot offer an alternative to the direction in which we are moving." -Friedrich Hayek
        - "Don't waist your time on me your already the voice inside my head." Blink 182 to my wife

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X