Brink - 9 Player Online FPSRPG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brink - 9 Player Online FPSRPG

My itchy trigger finger has been poised over the pre-order button for Brink for the past few weeks (think Borderlands - aka First-Person Shooter RPG hybrid - with a combat-cover system, some John Woo-inspired moves, 9 player co-op, modern looking firearms, and a futuristic looking city). All of that and it's only $50 through Amazon (free shipping) or $50 + tax through GameStop (pickup available).

I've been keeping my eye on it ever since last year's leaks and trailer. It's looking to be quite promising and the level of customization brings something I feel was lacking in Borderlands. Plus PC online co-op/multiplay might even work unlike Borderlands.

Any else itching to pre-order the game?
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Brink - 9 Player Online FPSRPG

Not itching to preorder, but looking forward to it all the same. The SMART system looks like fun, ducking under and diving over obstacles. Although I'd heard it was 16 player.
    The total headcount is sixteen, which some will feel is too low, but the two sprawling Portal-meets-Mirror's Edge-meets-Fallout maps we saw always seemed filled to ferocious capacity.
    IGN UK Brink Preview - Alec Meer
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

Originally posted by westyfield View Post
      Not itching to preorder, but looking forward to it all the same. The SMART system looks like fun, ducking under and diving over obstacles. Although I'd heard it was 16 player.

IGN UK Brink Preview - Alec Meer
      One of the official Brink videos state up to 9 players (including yourself) co-op (Freedom of Movement Preview). From the sounds of it, it seems that video is outdated if IGN is correct.
      |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
      TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
      Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
      Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Comment

Official Brink website, Features page.
        Multiplayer takes the story online where you can play with up to seven other people (or AI characters) cooperatively as you take on the opposing faction or with up to 16 players competitively.
        8 player co-op, 16 player team vs team.

I'm hoping the game's SMART system will have a greater range-of-motion and variety than something like Mirror's Edge; I want to make full use of the urban terrains to do what I want at any time. I also want to do it without making errors because of controls; I don't want to jump off the edge of the building instead of grabbing the lip and swinging down and reverse-face to go into a room, all because I didn't look at the proper angle or didn't do so quick enough.

Comment

This is on my watch list. I'm reasonable sure I'm picking it up but will probably not pre-order without incentives.
          Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
          X