Battlefield 1943

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 1943

It was leaked a while back by EA Poland that Battlefield 1943 was coming out for PC in June. It uses the same engine as Bad Company 2; however the maps for conquest are quite a bit larger (no rush game mode). Lots of tanks, jeeps and prop planes. I've played it (and disassembled the 360 game) on the 360 and due to no unlock weapons.. the kits are rather balanced.

Now you're probably thinking... another BF game.. I'm not paying for that! Until you consider that the game price will either be $10 or $15... not a bad title as a gaming option. Any interest in this area?

Re: Battlefield 1943

Wait, 10 or 15 dollars for BF1943 on the PC? I'm skeptical but I would give it a try at that price.
    |TG-6th|Snooggums

Just because everyone does something does not mean that it is right to do.

Comment

yep, that's the price point... and it's only 3-4 maps +1 air only map... but they are large maps. Aircraft carriers, planes, pt boats, jeeps.. and my M1 Garand! It is a fun game..... for those times when you just can't stand another point blank CG or 40 mike mike.

Comment

This has been pushed back a few times on PC.. it was originally supposed to be released Sept. 09, if I recall. So I wouldn't really count on a June release.

But, it is an amazingly fun game for $15 bucks, and I played it to death on PS3. It seems way more like "classic" Battlefield than BC2, that is for sure. Conquest games play out like they should, not in the linear manner that is encouraged in BC2. Despite there only being three Conquest maps, it is a lot of fun.

Originally posted by Mach10 View Post
        for those times when you just can't stand another point blank CG or 40 mike mike.
        BUT you can get blown up repeatedly with rifle grenades, and get continuous death-from-above by airplanes. It still has its share of annoyances.
        "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
        He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Don't shoot me but I like BF1943 more than BC2. I just don't want to play it on my Xbox360. I'll be happy when it comes out on PC. Basically, I like the more open feel of the battles in 1943 and I like the WWII weaponry. I have always felt WWII weapons are better for FPS games than modern weapons.
          |TG-Irr| Laci's Ghost

Comment

If it comes out on PC in June, I will want to know squad voip works before even considering buying it

Comment

I played the heck out of it on Xbox360, and I would get it for the PC if it actually releases soon. I'm not holding my breath, however.
              "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
              -- Red Forman

Comment

At that price, I'm interested. Air-only in particular sounds fun, I remember a very nice PoE2 map that was essentially air-only, I played a lot of that with one of my friends.
                |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
                Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I'll definitely pick it up for $10! I LOVED those maps on BF1942.
                  "Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire

Comment

I've never really played on the air-only map. I'm terrible at piloting so I keep to the ground game.
                    "I've been working since I was sixteen. I fought in two wars. Hell, I've killed people. I'm not saying that I didn't enjoy it..."
                    -- Red Forman

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X