Care Packages for the Troops

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Care Packages for the Troops

The company I work for is participating in a program to send care packages overseas to Troops in Afghanistan. My question for the community, what makes a quality care package? My understanding is these will be going to camps of 500-2000 soldiers (If I can determine where exactly, I will update).

The boxes we are shipping are approximately 12x12x5.5.

I appreciate the feedback!
    Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Re: Care Packages for the Troops

I am actually a deployed soldier myself with the United States Air Force. Not to Afghanistan, but in that area (Qatar). One thing that we love to get is food! Especially those over here that might not have the best dining facilities, or live off MREs. Cards are pretty big where I am at. Propel singles or kool-aid singles are great too! Common personal items are great too like soap, shampoo, and tooth paste.

Just be careful what you send. Customs in some countries can be strict, so just be sure not to send anything questionable.
    |TG-128| xXOZXx
    Shaw AFB, SC
    Gearing up and getting ready to go back to the middle east
    Proud Member of the United States Air Force

sigpic

Comment

I am planning to send a care package to dirtboy, is chewing tobacco still a popular item? Good call on the Propel, I will look for powdered mixes of it.

Ramen might also be a good choice thirdsin.
      Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
      Level II Volunteer FireFighter
      Level I HazMat Technician
      NYS EMT-B
      Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
      RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
      Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
      Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
      We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

My company is doing the same thing. Those are some good ideas. I'll have to pick some of that stuff up to drop in the box.

Ramen, shampoo, soap, cards. All the troops really need is a Dollar Store on the base.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Having been deployed to Iraq twice here is what I always liked to recieve:

Propel Drink Mix
          Small random toys (you would be suprised how glad an infantryman can get when they see paddle balls )
          Hamburger Helper Singles
          Pop Tarts
          Coffee Singles
          Bandana's
          Maxim or something similar (they run out fast at the PX)
          Goldfish Snacks (another crowd pleaser)
          Batteries (AA, AAA)
          Ipod charger (for some reason everyone forgets to bring their own.)
          Evaporative Cooling Bandana

Unlike other places some people deploy to (Qatar, Kuwait) the PX runs out of everything really quick due to the "Fobbits" never leaving and buying everything plus they are 100x smaller. So, basically any kind of snack, that they can eat on the go or cook with hot water. (no microwave stuff. alot of soldiers wont have one)
          Last edited by Dredge; 05-26-2010, 03:16 PM. Reason: Bad Army....BAD!

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
            Small random toys (you would be suprised how glad an infantryman can get when they see paddle balls )
            That's pretty funny. Good feedback, keep it coming guys!

Thanks again.
            Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
            A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

It might be funny to you, but you do not know how those little toys increase your morale. We have people flying little remote control helicopters in our work center, and our commander is sitting there with a nerf gun trying to shoot it down. You might think it is dumb, but those stupid little toys can go a long way!

And to the chewing tobacco question, yes, it is highly consumed here.
              |TG-128| xXOZXx
              Shaw AFB, SC
              Gearing up and getting ready to go back to the middle east
              Proud Member of the United States Air Force

sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse