Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

View into the future of Gaming Graphics?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• View into the future of Gaming Graphics?

Let me preface this by saying, yes, I do know what game play is more important.

That being said.

HOLY *#$&

http://www.game-artist.net/forums/wo...reenshots.html

Re: View into the future of Gaming Graphics?

Wow dude that is amazing, That seriously made my day.

I can't wait for Crysis 2.
    Last edited by Extinct; 05-26-2010, 07:56 AM.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Extinct View Post
      Wow dude that is completely amazing, That seriously made my day.

I can not wait for Crysis 2.
      Crysis 2 will be running on CryEngine3; the screens from the OP are built under CryEngine2.

Comment

Also check this recent Crysis News that I hope at least a couple of you TGer's may still appreciate.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace. ~ Jimi Hendrix

And isn't it a bad thing to be deceived about the truth, and a good thing to know what the truth is? For I assume that by knowing the truth you mean knowing things as they really are. ~ Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Celestial1 View Post
          Crysis 2 will be running on CryEngine3; the screens from the OP are built under CryEngine2.
          I am aware I just can not wait for anything new with crysis to come out. The news is even more significant, the detail in the above pictures are amazing now think about them being even more realistic.

Comment

Also by using a location like NYC that is rich but not foliage dense it should make the graphics stand out even more.
            Forewarned is Forearmed

Comment

But are we even sure that these will be the ingame graphics we get? We have all seen great pics before bosting "epic graphics in game" but they where all pre rendered and the actuall game graphics left a little to be desired.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Originally posted by Dredge View Post
                But are we even sure that these will be the ingame graphics we get? We have all seen great pics before bosting "epic graphics in game" but they where all pre rendered and the actuall game graphics left a little to be desired.
                You sir must not have heard of the Natural Mod It makes the Ingame graphics much better compared to the stock game.

Comment

tripling the textures and adding tons of flare and HDR are not game-changing new graphics. (it's funny to see all obvious clipping and re-used models in the pictures)

There needs to be a new math to rendering scenes, one that scales uniformly. The more pixels on more triangle's approach has reached the point where artists can only imagine, create and render scenes so quickly before the product gets released. That's why so many oohh aahh purdy games only have about 6 hours of single-player content in them, and we get band-aids like tesselation. Fallout 3 took years and years, to make, but uses relativly low-rez textures when compared to crysis. If crysis went for natural mod detail, we'd -still- be waiting for it to come out. Fallout looks "good enough" because the art direction helps hide the limitations of using triangles and maps, but rocks still look like blocks and the water never really meshes with the beach sand realisticly, and hardly ever in an engine do you get functional gravity-fed streams and creeks.

Vector, procedural, something, anything. Some new math is needed before things really get different, because no developer wants to see the man hours required for one km of landscape that the above requires when gamers want multi-tens of km open landscape to explore.

Comment

If you have seen any of the new Crysis 3 screens or video's you may think differently.

Comment

Evolution yes, but not revolution.

Comment

Well said sir.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X