Who games on the worst machine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who games on the worst machine?

So, it came to me that my machine is *very* old compared to most people here. So let's have a little contest, it's called "Who games on the worst machine"

The only requirements are that the PC *MUST* to be your primary gaming machine, and not a backup or a 3rd machine that your friends use to LAN on.

My setup:
    AMD athlon 1.2GHZ T-bird Processor
    512MB DDR Ram
    Elsa Gladiac 920 Geforce3 64mb card (not ultra, strait up G3)
    160GB Seagate IDE HDD
    Logitech Ergonomical Mouse (optical, but discontinued line)
    13" viewable CRT monitor, generic
    Some generic 2 sat and mini-sub spearkers.
    $15 Altec Lansing Headset/mic combo

The HDD is the only thing I've bought in the last 2 years. Maybe I should've posted this in Sandbox.....this is hilariously bad. ;)
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Re: Who games on the worst machine?

Might want to include what game(s) you're trying to play on those things.. :)

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

You are so very cruel. But let's just say that it's so bad that the BF2 demo refuses to even extract ;)
      Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

Originally posted by Spyder
        13" viewable CRT monitor, generic
        OMG!! You cant be serious!

I have a 17 inch (15? viewable) CRT that I will GIVE you if you pay shipping.
        Steam Community: | |

Comment

it's an old 15" (13" viewable) yeah. If I had the $30ish to pay for the shipping I'd take you up on that, but I'm dead broke atm :\

Comment

Ouch. If anybody's seriously stuck for $ and hardware, PM me and if I can help you out, I will. I tend to get a fair bit of old hardware (in the business, doncha know) and I'd rather it went to a TG mate than the recycle bin. A lot of it is truly useless, but cases, drives, power supplies, etc. might be useful.

As for me, my home PC wouldn't run BF2, but fortunately I got a new notebook from work recently. Too bad more games don't support widescreen...I'm playing BF2 letterboxed :)
            |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

HOLY CRAP dude.

I think we can put together a "lets get spyder out of 1998" fund.

I can donate a few things myself.

lets see.... I know I have a P4 mobo sitting around...but an AMD mobo should't be difficult to come across if someone had a proc ~2200 or better on either platform to put up.

I can get my hands on a radeon 9600xt for 70.00 but thats a little pricey for donating right at the moment for me....... I can get a GF fx 5500 128meg for 30 or 40 though if everyone thinks it would be worth it.

Mem.... well..... 512 is only 30 bucks or so........

I'd donate anything listed if a few others would take the other two.....

or if 2 ppl want to just send me 30.00, I can send him all three. (i just dont have the $$ to take care of more than one of them right now.... trying to pay for a new laptop, dell axim x50v, and Sony Handicam MiniDV camcorder.......thats a 2500 hit in two weeks.......) I was actually going to start a "look at my new toys" thread till I saw this one.... and felt convicted.
              Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
              The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

If all else fails: "rm -rf /"

Comment

Wow, that's really nice of you guys. If you're dead set on helping me out I suppose I can be gracious and not try to refuse :). I built the PC for potential upgrading (granted that was 3-4+ years ago now) so my current mobo (Shuttle AK35GT2/R) will actually support the AMD XP up through the 3000+ Barton core, so if anybody has an old 2200+ or whatever I don't need a mobo to go with it.

Comment

spyder..... what mobo do you have? it takes DDR, so it might be worth saving..... if it can hold a 166 proc, then we should be able to at least get a 2400 t'bred and possibly as high as a 2800 barton... I think it would be best to get the parts worst off upgraded... even a 133 goes up to 2600...... if you can find one.
                  Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former. -Albert Einstein
                  The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity. -Harlan Ellison

Comment

ok... post in the middle of me posting then.

we got the mem and video card taken care of..... and I guess I can throw in a 2100+ t'bred..... unless someone can top it.

the monitor is nothing I can help with atm. fresh out of 17"

Spyder, PM me your shipping address and I'll get the stuff out the door asap.

I guess I should ask, 1x512 or 2x256... and do you have an empt slot to hold another 512?

Comment

I honestly don't remember if I have 1x512 or 2x256. Guess I'll have to open it up and look. I do know the mobo has 4 DDR slots tho, PC1600/2100/2700.

Looking at everest, it's telling me I have 2x256 micron PC2100's in there.

Comment

......I suppose this means my PC was so horribly outdated that nobody dared go up against it?

Comment

I'll bite..

AMD k6 @ 500mhz
                          geforce 2 MX (it's actually pretty good)
                          256 MB RAM
                          oboard sound
                          17' Monitor (woohoo!)

I'm buying a new one soon, though :)

Comment

Those specs are really low compared to my bro's RPG PC... made only for play games like SC, Ragnarok, Ect.

500mhz Pentium?
                            It WAS 128 MB Ram, now it's 256
                            No Sound
                            15' Moniter
                            No video Card

Beat that for a typical gaming machine build only to play those games :P
                            (It's on pretty regularly, too)

Comment

I mean, if you guys want to get TECHNICAL, my wife games on a
                              133 cpu
                              32m ram
                              no keyboard
                              3.7" lcd
                              onboard sound
                              no cdrom
                              128meg storage

of course she plays solitaire......... on an old pda

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X