mp3 player

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mp3 player

I'm looking to purchase a hardrive based mp3 player. I want at least 40 gb and am not sure what to purchase. I am right now considering a 60gb/40gb ipod or the 40gb creative zen touch.Has anyone bought either one of these? Or has anyone bought a different mp3 player that is better than these? I just want to know how your player is holding up.

Re: mp3 player

I have a 20Gb Zen Touch, and I absolutely love it. I've used Ipods and I just didn't like them, the Zen has a 24 hour battery life which is plenty enough. It takes a few days to get used to and I recommend that you put the touch pad sensetivity on low if you do get one.

So that's +1 for a Touch.

Comment

ive got an ipod and the only thing i dont like is the battery life. my friend has a zen and it weighs more, is thicker and wider, and has more battery life.

+1 for..... either, if you think about it. they are both good, but you have to make sacrifices.

Comment

Yea, the Touch is an absolute beast. But that's what I like about it, it reflects me and my personality. And it fits well in my hands, plus it's hard to loose.

Comment

alright thanks

Comment

Does your zen actually last for 24 hours? and does your Ipod last for the 10 or so hours its suppose to?

Comment

I have a Rio Karma that I love. I needed a player that supported Ogg Vorbis files, and the activity of the Rio community encouraged me. The player is not being made currently, as rumor has it that Rio is about ready to roll out the next-gen version of the Karma. If you really want one, it's not hard to find new ones for sale still.

http://www.rioaudio.com/
              http://www.riovolution.com/
              "Hardly used" will not fetch a better price for your brain.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMuncher
                it reflects me and my personality.
                <the sound of Zen Touch marketing consultants having simultanious multiple orgasms>
                Wintermute

Play EVE online. It's like being an accounting addict in space.

Comment

iAudio x5 or x5l
                  I am getting one of these asap.

iAudio > Rio Karma > iPod > all else. I have only heard good about the zen touch though, i just have no experience.

My audio needs are a bit different though. I need to listen to a lossless codec (yes i know apple has a lossless option for AAC). I need to be able to fit my entire album collection losslessly and take up less than 50% of the players capacity. I want the ability to record audio. I need a battery life over 8 hours, I want a battery life over 16. I need true digital out. I could care less about the ability to view photos / play videos. I want a nuetral DAC. I want to spend less than $300, I need to spend less than $400. I need it to smaller than a cd player in HxW.

Its all about wants and needs.

Comment

Originally posted by micr0c0sm
                    iAudio x5 or x5l
                    I am getting one of these asap.

iAudio > Rio Karma > iPod > all else. I have only heard good about the zen touch though, i just have no experience.

My audio needs are a bit different though. I need to listen to a lossless codec (yes i know apple has a lossless option for AAC). I need to be able to fit my entire album collection losslessly and take up less than 50% of the players capacity. I want the ability to record audio. I need a battery life over 8 hours, I want a battery life over 16. I need true digital out. I could care less about the ability to view photos / play videos. I want a nuetral DAC. I want to spend less than $300, I need to spend less than $400. I need it to smaller than a cd player in HxW.

Its all about wants and needs.

It also needs to sync with Arch seamlessly, and make hot buttery toast.

Comment

Aha! so you like arch linux? Excellent.
                      iAudio x5 works fine in linux.
                      You basically mount as a hard drive, and copy what songs you want (in beautiful .flac format of course) or anything else, and it works.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X