Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2x F15s vs Eurofighter.....

http://scotlandonsunday.scotsman.com...m?id=673262005

The US pilots intended to pursue the supposedly hapless 'Limey' for several miles and lock their radars on to it for long enough so that if it had been a real dogfight the British jet would have been shot down.

But much to the Americans' surprise, the Eurofighter shook them off, outmanoeuvred them and moved into shooting positions on their tails.
    :icon_eek:
    From Adam Webb

Re: 2x F15s vs Eurofighter.....

This reminds me of a boxing match I saw a year or so back. Some higher ranked american was boxing a very low ranked australian and was crushing him. Did everything but knock him out. Then he decides to stick out his chin and give the austrialian a free shot. So the aussie reached waaaay back and drilled him, knocked him out. Funniest thing I ever saw.
    a.k.a. NinjaPirateAssassin
    Celibacy is not Hereditary.
    Everybody should believe in something - I believe I'll have another drink.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth.
    Flying is easy, Just throw yourself at the ground and miss!

Comment

F15-E (the version in this encounter) are ground attack fighters with air to ground ordinance, which are over 30 years old. The only natural comparisson for the Eurofighter would be a current generation fighter, such as the F-22.

It is widely accepted that the F-22 has a higher cost/success ratio than any other plane in the world. The F-22 has advanced detection evasion capabilities which keep it out of dogfights, which are already relatively rare in today's modern air battlefield.. and were it to somehow encounter close ranged opposition, with it's design and thrust-vectoring, it would out maneuver any opponents.

There was a huge thread about this on the BF2 forums, and while it sounds very appealing to those with slight feelings of anti-americanism, it isn't very factual or a level comparisson.

Sorry guys.

Comment

Originally posted by ir0nside
        F15-E (the version in this encounter) are ground attack fighters with air to ground ordinance, which are over 30 years old. The only natural comparisson for the Eurofighter would be a current generation fighter, such as the F-22.

It is widely accepted that the F-22 has a higher cost/success ratio than any other plane in the world. The F-22 has advanced detection evasion capabilities which keep it out of dogfights, which are already relatively rare in today's modern air battlefield.. and were it to somehow encounter close ranged opposition, with it's design and thrust-vectoring, it would out maneuver any opponents.

There was a huge thread about this on the BF2 forums, and while it sounds very appealing to those with slight feelings of anti-americanism, it isn't very factual or a level comparisson.

Sorry guys.
        im supprised someone didnt say that earier really. F15 is almost a "bomber" by todays standards....much like the tomcat. hardly a dogfighter.

and the post wasnt anit-americanism.... if it was i wouldnt be here would i?
        From Adam Webb

Comment

Ya, what he said, F-22 and all...

*Looks to ir0nside* "Took the words right out of my mouth dude."

Execpt the Anti-Americanism part...
          Oyee

Comment

is the F22 even operational now?
            but then is the Eurofighter even operational now? lol
            From Adam Webb

Comment

Was the SR-71 operational when it was announced? Why scrap the Commanche if it was a great helo? Look at the F-111, it was in the Golf War, and we didnt even know it existed... Something we never knew... Darn our government, hiding everything from us... Im sure the F-22 has seen combat, but we wont know of it.
              Oyee

Comment

hehe good point ;)
                From Adam Webb

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse