Skunk Works

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skunk Works

This is something i saw today i thought all you military buffs would think is cool :

Note :A new hybrid airship weapons system, just larger than the length of a football field, will take to the skies in just 18 months to provide an unblinking, persistent eye for more than three weeks at a time to aid U.S. Army troops in Afghanistan, according to Northrop Grumman officials.

The company has announced it has been awarded a $517 million ( Pounds 350.6 million) agreement to develop up to three Long Endurance Multi-Intelligence Vehicle (LEMV) systems for the U.S. Army. Northrop Grumman has designed a system with plug-and-play capability to readily integrate into the Army's existing common ground station command centers and ground troops in forward operating bases-the main objective to provide U.S. warfighters with persistent ISR capability to increase awareness of the ever changing battlefield.

Maybe would could see if they could add this to the next BF2 PR Mod ? lol

Re: Skunk Works

I love airships! This is so awesome!
    |TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
    Irregular since 2007.

Comment

The thing that I've always loved about the skunkworks is how little we actually know about what goes on. Hell, the SR-71 was designed in the 50s at the skunkworks and we didnt even see it until the late 70s/early 80s. So for all of these neat things we're seeing coming out of their super secret facilities, its interesting to wonder whether or not these things have actually been in continual development for 10 or so years.

Comment

My 1st thought was this

http://www.hulu.com/watch/128958/archer-skytanic

Man that things cool
        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

Pimp

Nuff' Said...
          |TG-X|Turkish

Comment

You guys really need to read PopSci if you like stories like this: http://www.popsci.com/military-aviat...mp-afghanistan
            Become a supporting member!
            Buy a Tactical Duck!
            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

WOW! I remember reading about this in Air & Space like a decade ago!

Comment

Good ol' Skunk Works, creating awesome planes that feel like they are out of a sci-fi movie.
                I wonder how long it will be until we'll have flying aircraft carriers again. :p
                sigpic

Now with 200% more content!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...