Apb

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apb

just wondering if anyone here plays apb? i bought it through steam and just seeing if there was anyone else who has it..

Re: Apb

Nah, I'm glad I didn't buy it. I had high hopes for it, and beta tested since late last year. It's just not up to par for me.

Comment

Simple wasn't really worth the high cost for me.
      2142: |TG| BullyBoyBilly
      BC2: |TG| Wesb2
      BF3: Wesb23

Comment

i actually enjoy it, i used to play alot of gta4 so my driving on apb is easy to do drifting and peeling around corners and cars, was with these 2 other guys and we were always getting chased by the enforcers (cops) and they could never catch us because id be able to avoid them and not crash into other cars, but they did :D

Comment

I might really be dating myself with posting this, but did anyone ever play the arcade version?
          http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/5355/13apb0or.jpg

I thought it was loads of fun, and if the computer I have now had Gigs of memory I would have easily considered purchasing it and GTA4 this weekend, but I guess I'll have to wait until I can buy/build a re-vamped uber computer.
          Randy = Ace ! - Warlab
          Level II Volunteer FireFighter
          Level I HazMat Technician
          NYS EMT-B
          Town of Mamaroneck Fire Dept.

sigpic

Bring On Project Reality 1.0!!!
          RSS Feeds:Bamboo | | 9/11 - Never Forget |
          Apophis - "TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population.
          Tactical Gamer is not mainstream.
          We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers."

Comment

the game isnt worth the money, just buy gta4 its better

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
            So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

actually i have both, but i like playing apb. my crew has 3 snipers and 2 of us always get a bounty on our heads. wish the whole group would get the bounty on us that way we can just kill who ever comes up against us. but if anyone plays the server i play on is US LaRocha Criminals, and name on it is Vitamin187. the clan im in is The getaway Drivers.

Comment

i Heard that there are alot of aimbot users and that the game has gone to hell because of it. dunno if thats on only a few servers anyone know ?
                other then that my friend told me it was good but all he did was beta test i might eventual get it but SW:KOTR might keep me off everything for a long time when it comes out
                <17:33:30> "siR_miLLs": i will come back for you...
                <17:33:35>"|TG| NoDebate": go
                <17:33:35> "|TG| NoDebate": go
                <17:33:35> "|TG| NoDebate": go
                <17:33:36> "|TG| NoDebate" was banned for 3000 seconds from the server by Tactical Gamer - TeamSpeak 3.0 (Anti-Spam measure, you are able to reconnect in 00:01:26)
                <17:33:36> "|TG-Ω|HeadShot": ROFL!

Comment

I own it and I don't really have positive things to say about it. The concept is fantastic. Who didn't love playing Cops & Robbers as a kid? But the execution was...sloppy. Sure, it's got highlights. I like the in-game music player with the option to add your own music. And the customization, from characters to cars to clothes to music, is great. But the rest of the game is sub-par. Most of the missions you complete are the same. You run from one side of the city to the other, completing tasks that range from breaking down a door to picking up a box. Not exactly exciting stuff. Then your screen will flash and you'll be notified that you have had some enemies dispatched against you. You then race to your next objective. But the outcome of the mission is pre-destined; whoever has been playing the longest, and therefore has the best weapons, will win. If you and your enemies are similarly matched, which rarely happens, then the outcome is defined by who gets to the target first, and therefore gives them the ability to camp the hell out of the objective. It's extremely repetitive. Drive, shoot, die. Drive, shoot, die. Over and over and over and over.

Not worth the money.

Comment

The game is essentially broken down into:

1. Go to waypoint, press F.
                    2. Go to waypoint, press F.
                    3. Go to waypoint, press F.
                    4. Go to waypoint, press F.
                    5. Go to waypoint, press F.
                    6. Go to waypoint, press F.
                    7. Go to waypoint, stand in glowing circle.

The only scant variation is:

1. Kill the highlighted player.
                    -or-
                    2. Go to object, press F, then run away with it.

Comment

Originally posted by H3AD-SH0T View Post
                      i Heard that there are alot of aimbot users and that the game has gone to hell because of it. dunno if thats on only a few servers anyone know ?
                      other then that my friend told me it was good but all he did was beta test i might eventual get it but SW:KOTR might keep me off everything for a long time when it comes out
                      The aimbot was demo'd about a month before the game was released. Videos up on youtube and everything. The official stance from the admins was "we know about it, we'l wait until the game is released before doing anything about it."

<04:11:24> *** You are now talking in channel: "TFP - Task Force Proteus"
                      <04:16:25> "|TG-XV| Tralic": this channel is so gay
                      DICE needs to make a comical boxing glove attached to a spring punch the player in the face 40% of the time they get into a helicopter or jet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gill View Post
                        The game is essentially broken down into:
                        To be fair...

BFBC2:

Rush
                        1. Go to waypoint.
                        2. Hold E.
                        3. Go to next waypoint.
                        4. See 2.
                        5. Repeat.

Conquest
                        1. Go to waypoint.
                        2. Wait.
                        3. Go to next waypoint.
                        4. See 2.
                        5. Repeat.

Squad DM
                        1. Kill non-highlighted targets.
                        2. Protect highlighted targets.
                        3. Repeat.

:

I have fun with APB but then, I didn't expect it to be an MMO in the traditional sense. It's basically an online shooter with nebulous servers. That said, not having fun with it suggests to me you haven't run around with a good squad.

Comment

I do admit that the game can be fun with a good squad. In fact, that's the only way I can play now. But even then, it gets pretty repetitive.

Comment

As time passes it will get better(or worse :P) with patching like all mmos. Also, RTW are posting their future developments/fixes this week; take a look http://na.apb.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=224

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X