Reston, VA anyone?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reston, VA anyone?

Is anyone here from Reston, VA? I'm going to be down that way on the 12th-13th for a conference. Might have some time free if anyone is up for a beer!
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Reston, VA anyone?

The irony is that Damonte used to live in Herndon (worked in Reston) and BleedingKnee used to live in Alexandria (worked in Sterling).

Go visit the Sweetwater Tavern in Sterling, it's not far away. It's a microbrewery with some dynamite local brews along with a really nice outdoor bar.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Second on the Sweetwater suggestion. I used to live there too.

Comment

Sweetwater Tavern it is.. I'll be sure to check it out!

Comment

Man, I moved from Alexandria 2 years ago, and all my co-workers talked about Sweetwater but I never got to go. We all went out to eat a lot after work, but every time I missed Sweetwater.

I also really liked Generous George's Pizza
          http://www.generousgeorge.com/location.html
          I just did a google search for the link above and it turns out they closed the one in Alexandria that was right next to my apt. Thats F'ed up. They still have one out near Reston, but I never tried that location.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

I kind of wish I knew about some of the places down there 2 or 3 years ago when I went down there to have my head examined. (No lie, they did a SPEC scan) ;) Then again, I would have been too young to drink back then...

Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't Reston near DC?

Have fun, Apo.

Interested in listening to guitar playing and a good conversation, look for me on TS.

"Hope is for the weak. I hope for nothing. I work for things. That is the only way for events to unfold." -Cleverbot

Comment

Originally posted by Apophis View Post
              Is anyone here from Reston, VA? I'm going to be down that way on the 12th-13th for a conference. Might have some time free if anyone is up for a beer!
              I know it's late notice, but I can meet you for a beer tonight if you get this message. Reston's not too far from where I am. Let me know!
              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post
                I kind of wish I knew about some of the places down there 2 or 3 years ago when I went down there to have my head examined. (No lie, they did a SPEC scan) ;) Then again, I would have been too young to drink back then...

Have fun, Apo.
                Sort of. I'll be on the other side of the Potomac from you Apo!

Comment

Dang, I wish I'd have seen this thread sooner.
                  That's only about an hour or so away from where I live and I'd have made the drive.

|

Comment

Originally posted by BeSiege82 View Post

Yep, its out side of DC to the west in Northern Virginia. Depending on the traffic, it's about 20 mins to an hour or more drive time. Kind of near Dulles airport.

The area has exploded in the last 10 or so years with major companies opening offices, especially tech companies. Prices of housing will blow your mind.

LINKS

Stoop and you'll be stepped on; stand tall and you'll be shot at.

-Carlos A. Urbizo-

Comment

When Damonte was living there, people were paying $300,000 for a 1bd/br condo, less than 1,000 sq ft, before construction was finished.

A parking spot in the garage was extra.

"Everytime I read your posts I do it with Morgan Freeman's voice in my head as if he is narrating your life" - Aimed

Comment

Originally posted by Damonte View Post
                        The irony is that Damonte used to live in Herndon (worked in Reston) and BleedingKnee used to live in Alexandria (worked in Sterling).

Go visit the Sweetwater Tavern in Sterling, it's not far away. It's a microbrewery with some dynamite local brews along with a really nice outdoor bar.
                        This. I also used to live there, back when I actually posted and played.

Housing is godawfully expensive, good luck to anyone moving in.
                        I can ADS using more than a 2x without significant stutter! This was a good patch.

Comment

Well.. I didn't get to meet up with anyone, but I want to say this.....

Reston is a BEAUTIFUL city. It's nothing like any other city I've been to. It seemed very clean, parking (free garages) was ample and the layout of the city was very friendly. The bike path (W&OD or something like that, IIRC) ran behind our hotel and into the city. That made for a couple nice walks into the city rather than driving.

I was very impressed. I'm sure I'll be down there again in the future and at least now I know who to send PMs to!

Comment

Hell ya, PM us :)

|

Comment

Reston is great, but it costs an arm and a leg to live there and it's a really tough commute into DC. I will definitely try to give you a little more heads up next time if I see you're coming to town!
                              "No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.
                              He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country."

- Attributed to General George Patton, Jr.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X