Ebay Casualty

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Casualty

I have been buying and selling on Ebay for many years now. Have seen my share of people get ripped off. Well, it became my turn.
    I tried to buy a set of Chevy heads for my new car for Fathers Day. They never came. I am out $616.15
    Ebay covers only $200 and of that they take a $25 fee.
    Makes me sick.
    Never send payment other then Paypal. I do prefer Paypal , but the guy I was getting robbed from prefered a nice easy money order.
    Many alarm bells were ringing in my head when I did this deal, but I had too many other things on my mind and had grown complacent over the years of many easy Ebay transactions.
    I pefer not to answer questions concerning my bad deal other then offer advice for those that have little experience. I am angry at myself for bidding with 'blinders' on. I am angry that I am the victim. I am angry that my money was wasted.
    I am one PISSED OFF MARINE. I wish I could find my robber.

Jeff
    Meat Drapes
    Meat Drapes
    -[OIJ]-
    Operation Infinite Justice... the worlds largest clan. Currently enjoying a membership of over 1,454,500+ . We game in every climb and place. If you want to play/become one of us... visit your nearest Armed Forces recruiting station. I bet we have games you have never even heard of. They will be glad to help you.

Re: Ebay Casualty

caveat emptor.

:(

Sorry, man.
    Steam Community? Add me. | Free Remote, Encrypted Backup

Darkilla: In short, NS is pretty much really fast chess. With guns. Apophis: I haven't seen anyone say that SM's are better than non-SMs. Nordbomber: This is THE first server I've seen where either side can comeback from out of seemingly nowhere with the right teamwork. en4rcment: I have NEVER experienced the type of gameplay that I have found here. Nightly I am amazed at the personalities and gaming talent. Zephyr: Apophis is clearly a highly sophisticated self-aware AI construct that runs on a highly modified toaster oven in Wyzcrak's basement.

Comment

Originally posted by Meat_Drapes
      I wish I could find my robber.
      PM me with all the info that you have and I'll see what I can do...
      Become a supporting member!
      Buy a Tactical Duck!
      Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
      TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

Originally posted by CingularDuality
        PM me with all the info that you have and I'll see what I can do...
        Cingular can help... he has connections! :)

Comment

Ill have to remember that, so if i ever get scamed...
          Oyee

Comment

PM sent Dave. God forbid I locate. Being in the same state, I will make a roadtrip.
            I have some anger issues... I bet I could resolve them with him personally.
            Meat Drapes
            -[OIJ]-
            Operation Infinite Justice... the worlds largest clan. Currently enjoying a membership of over 1,454,500+ . We game in every climb and place. If you want to play/become one of us... visit your nearest Armed Forces recruiting station. I bet we have games you have never even heard of. They will be glad to help you.

Comment

PM sent Dave. God forbid I locate. Being in the same state, I will make a roadtrip.
              I have some anger issues... I bet I could resolve them with him personally.
              Might not want to say that publicly...I think Cing is in law enforcement.

Comment

Originally posted by TG_Mateo
                Might not want to say that publicly...I think Cing is in law enforcement.
                He could resolve them personally....by going to the guy and having a civilised chat over tea and scones ;)

Hope you can get it sorted Meat. By any means. That dirty copper can't touch me. I'm out of his jursidiction :icon_razz

Root
                BFCL TF2 league admin

Comment

I cannot self incriminate. I am not above the law but would like to think my tenure will afford me a little asswhooping. 18 years as a US Marine, heads will look the other way for me if I need it.
                  The reality of it is I will never have the time or he will never be found. But thanks for letting me vent here a little in the forums and all of the support.
                  Perhaps he will be brought to justice. I am going to persue this as far as I can within reason.
                  Meat Drapes
                  -[OIJ]-

Comment

Actually, this can work out. I had a guy pull something similar on me, but mine was only $300 for a Clarion Pro Audio head unit. I was able to locate the guy since he lived in a small town and the 3rd number I called was a cousin of his. I pretended to be someone I'm not(But not a cop, I would never impersonate an officer.) and told the guy his cousin was using his name to fraud people. He really wasn't but that was enough to piss the guy off and he told me how to find him. Amazingly enough, all it took was 1 phone call out of the blue (I didn't even threaten him with physical violence) and I had my deck within a week.

Comment

I am one PISSED OFF MARINE.
                      :icon25: That ain't a good thing.....

Comment

I am one PISSED OFF MARINE.
                        Hey now, think of it this way...

at least your not being pissed on. :/
                        Also, at least you are getting SOMETHING back from ebay.
                        USAR

Comment

I called 411 and asked for his number. The reply I get: " At the customers request, this number is private and therefor nonpublished".
                          One step closer.... the possible confirmation that he does in fact live were he said he did.
                          Now then, I am going to add to my story. The same day I published my NEGATIVE FEEDBACK on ebay so did another guy. He was buying nearly the same thing. This poor guy paid $1100... and then another NEGATIVE FEEDBACK pops up from 3 days ago for another car part. Now prior to all this he was a normal Ebayer, then suddenly 3 bad feedbacks in 3 days. For me , he is guilty as charged regardless of whether or not he is incapacitated and unable to reply.

James Britain of Claremont North Carolina......I am coming for you. :icon26:
                          Meat Drapes
                          -[OIJ]-

Comment

James Britain of Claremont North Carolina......I am coming for you. :icon26:
                            THAT is SCARY.

Comment

Can you not simply contact your local constabulary and press fraud charges?
                              |TG-1stMIP|Mannerism​​​​​​​

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X