Battlefield 2 Retail

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlefield 2 Retail

Where do you stand on purchasing Battlefield 2? Is it something you already have? Something you're planning on getting? Or something you just want to completely avoid?
    Yes - I have already purchased BF2
    76.57%
    Yes - I plan on purchasing BF2
    10.23%
    Maybe - I'm not sure yet
    7.59%
    No - I have no interest in BF2
    5.61%
    Diplomacy is the art of saying "good doggie" while looking for a bigger stick.

Re: Battlefield 2 Retail

I had it FIRST. :)
    [volun2]
    NS Game Officer. TF2 Admin. BF2 Admin / Scripter. PM with issues.
    Tempus: Pokerface is nailing it right on the head. Everyone who is arguing against him is simply arguing against reality.
    <anmuzi> it is not permitted to have privacy or anonymity
    <LazyEye> yeah when I play on TG the server digs though my trash

Arm yourself with knowledge: TG NS TF2 BF2

Comment

Originally posted by Pokerface
      I had it FIRST. :)
      Well, aren't you SPECIAL. :icon_roll

Comment

While I can't speak for everyone, I can say that this game has more than met my already high expectations. The graphics are awesome, the sound is great, and the most important part, the teamplay, is right on. :icon14:

If you have not played the game, you are missing out. And if you have not played on this server, you are REALLY missing out.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I seem to have missed out on all the good action when the demo was first released. I've been on the demo server for a couple of hours but haven't seen anything special. It feels like BF1942 except you're running around in groups. There aren't too many orders other than attack this flag or defend this flag. When I play, I don't feel like I'm a part of a team. Where is a good SL when you need one?

Anything I've experienced is definitely not BF2 at its best. I hope there will be some players messing around with the demo. I don't want to buy the game to see if I'll like the team play.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Originally posted by Tempus
            While I can't speak for everyone, I can say that this game has more than met my already high expectations. The graphics are awesome, the sound is great, and the most important part, the teamplay, is right on. :icon14:

If you have not played the game, you are missing out. And if you have not played on this server, you are REALLY missing out.

could not have said it better myself...so i dint just stole his
            that sounds like a good idea trooper.
            -Vulcan

Comment

Well Sarc, unfortunately, most of the 'good' (team) players have already moved on to the retail version, leaving only the scraps. I can assure you there is a HUGE difference in the gaming experience between playing with just a bunch of people running around, and playing with a team of people working together, squad for squad, on an objective.

Did you play here during the demo period? If not, you missed the chance, and if you're waiting for the demo to convince you now, you're probably not going to get what you're looking for.

3) Support game play in a near-simulation environment. Where the focus of play would not be solely on doing what it takes to win, but doing so utilizing real-world combat strategy and tactics rather than leveraging exploits provided to players by the design of the game engine.

Comment

I definitely missed it. I was on dial-up when the demo was released. I'm back home on high-speed now and have been playing with the demo. I haven't had many good games on the TG server since there don't seem to be any TG players. I did just have a decent experience on a different server. I just happened to find a SL that talked and worked to get the squad together. It's too bad the game crashed just as it was starting to get good.

- It's who you game with.

Comment

Wow, just got off a great session on the retail server; lot of great squad action (even though our team ended up losing most of the maps :) (this says post #1, but I posted once in the "introduce yourself" thread under the handle "sandman," but changed my mind and registered a new one; figure it's ok just this one time since nobody knows who i am anyway :)

looking forward to seeing you all on the servers!

-rico

Comment

Yes, I am the only person on the internet who isn't buying battlefield 2.

Comment

The game is definately great. And you guys are a great group of people to play with. I'm glad I found you guys. *tear*

Comment

Hey fr0stbytE welcome to the Forums...

Anyway i already own BF2 so u know what i voted.
                        Oyee

Comment

It looks exactly like Desert Combat but with better graphics and a commander system. I might take a "trial run" ( :icon16: ) of it and maybe my opinion will change but it dosen't look that special to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Enigma
                            It looks exactly like Desert Combat but with better graphics and a commander system. I might take a "trial run" ( :icon16: ) of it and maybe my opinion will change but it dosen't look that special to me.
                            Nope... It's completely different. The vehicles don't dominate like in DC. The commander and squad leader positions completely change the gameplay, too. In fact, other than the graphics and the fact that flags are involved, it's nothing at all like Desert Combat...
                            Become a supporting member!
                            Buy a Tactical Duck!
                            Take the world's smallest political quiz! "I was touched by His Noodly Appendage."
                            TacticalGamer TX LAN/BBQ Veteran:

Comment

I'm still waiting for my pre-ordered game to makes its way via pony express to my door. But my experience with the Demo was mixed. I love the new graphics engine and the textures, vehicles and much of the team play. I don't like the Commander mode much, but that is just me I'm sure. I don't like the fact that there is not coop online or offline right now. I don't like the poor coding of the login interface and the lack of speed for getting in game. It seems to me that EA and Dice could have used a few more months to patch and refine this game after getting cogent feedback. IMHO. :-) I still like the direction and the potential of the future mods.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X